Baby Corner

Old 12-10-12, 12:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 2672.86%
Default Santa Claus?

How does your family do Santa Claus?

Go to a mall Santa, Country Club, or Church? Do you get photos every year?

How do your kids react?

Old 12-10-12, 12:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Weekly Activity 2672.86%

We usually go to my parents country club where they do a Christmas brunch and have Santa come in (this was yesterday). We also try to do the mall Santa too, because my wife thinks he is a better (more photogenic) Santa and she used to work there and gets a discount on the photos.

So far the kids do really well with him. All three kids (6, 4, and 2yrs old) still believe in him 100%. Our only problem has been for the past two years in a row Theron always asks him for something that he has never mentioned to us before, which leaves us scrambling to find whatever obscure item it is!

Old 12-10-12, 12:41 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

We have actually never done a visit with Santa. We might do it this year at our outside mall, but not sure. I think K would love to "meet Santa" but do I really want to spend $20-$30 on a photo package? And Garrett would NOT be in the picture because I think those photos of crying babies on Santa's lap are just wrong.

Old 12-10-12, 01:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Weekly Activity 2672.86%

At our mall you can still always sit on Santa's lap for free. You only have to get the photos if you want them.

Old 12-10-12, 04:15 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

I am pretty sure that is how they do it here too. If we end up doing it, I'll let you know how it goes!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools