Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Scouts

Reply Post New Topic

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 01-15-09 | 10:16 AM
  • I have read recently several posts about Girl scout cookie, boy scout badges and various other things.

I'm just wondering how many kids on here are in the scouts? What age did they join and how long have they been in it? Oh and were you in the scouts or your dh/ dp?

I live in Savannah GA so you'd think that the Girl Scout recruitments would be huge at the very least. I know they sell the cookies big time here but not a single one of my kids have ever brought home information about scouts.

Neither dh or myself was in the scouts either and I'm not likely to join my kids up at this point still odd that they bring home all sorts of flyers for sports and stuff.

Sports are big here and that's mainly where the focus is put IMO. I'm fine with that actually. I really don't think I'd be a very good scout mom and dh would despise the whole Boy scout thing.

• Susan Susan's Avatar 01-15-09 | 10:56 AM
  • We did get info over the summer before Grace started Kidergarten. I was only in the girl scouts for a short time when I was little ( long story

) But DH was a boy scout unti he was 18! He was realy into it so I am assuming he will want Anthony to get involved. I am going to let Grace do it as long as she wants to. It has been a positive experience so far.

Sports are big here too so we will definitely be more into sports than scouts ( at least I will )
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 01-15-09 | 11:08 AM
  • There are girls in our neighborhood who do scouts but we have never heard of how. Honestly I'm not it. I'd rather do ballet and sports.

DBIL has his two in scouts and they love it. THey do a lot of camping, fishing, etc...

I know this sounds horrible, but I can't get past the uniforms....especially the boys. I have the image of DBIL all 6' 4" of him in his little scout outfit burned into my mind....LOL!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 01-15-09 | 11:20 AM
  • I can only assume that I haven't gotten anything about simply because my kids aren't school age yet. My neighbor is in scouts so I assume they recruit in school.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 01-15-09 | 11:33 AM
  • Nicole I know what you mean.

Not to mention the negative stuff about the leaders being sexual preditors for a while that seemed to plague the news which is ingrained into my head.

Dh's theory is he takes the boys fishing and camping and wants no part of someone telling him how to do it.