Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Should I go?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 02-18-10 | 03:02 PM
  • I live in OHIO where it is cold, crappy, and depressing. We have a super-small family who actually care about us... MIL, FIL, crazy Aunt, SIL, my mother, and mayyyyybe mike's aunt and uncle. They have all seen the baby except sil.

SIL is single, in law school, and lives in FL. Over the past 2-3 years, she has become very involved in the kids' lives. She has not seen the baby and won't be able to probably until Christmas.

I want to take Brady down to see her for a few days. We are trying to not do stupid stuff with our money, but she is one of the few people who has taken an interest in the kids. My 2 brothers live very nearby and neither has bothered to even congratulate us, let alone visit. I think I could fly round trip for $300, and plus whatever it would cost me to eat. I wouldn't need a car, and I don't want to do any "entertainment," just hang out and maybe walk on the beach.

So of course I'd love to go down and escape this weather for a few days, but also I'd love for SIL to get to see Brady before he's not a tiny baby anymore. I don't think she'll have kids of her own (she's my age) so the kids have become very special to her.

So I'm ready for you to tell me no. I can take it

Oh, and I should add that Brady is a very good baby, and we're bf'ing so no bottles or anything to worry about.

Last edited by 3Princes; 02-18-10 at 03:05 PM..
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 02-18-10 | 03:06 PM
  • For $300 I'd jump on the plane! That's really cheap and he's only little once! And you've been so down lately. Think of it as therapy too! I know all about trying to pinch pennies and such, but if you can swing it I'd totally go if its going to be so little!

Laura

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 02-18-10 | 03:12 PM
  • Go for it. So it would be just you and the baby I'm assuming? Not too stressful for a few days.

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 02-18-10 | 03:25 PM
  • I agree with Laura; this may just what you need!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 02-18-10 | 03:27 PM
  • I'm with the ladies--book that flight, girl!!

And remember to take photos for me since I'll be stuck in Ohio while you're gone.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work