Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question So What Are the Halloween Costumes This Year?

So What Are the Halloween Costumes This Year?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-17-12, 01:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%
Default So What Are the Halloween Costumes This Year?

Kaydence: Zombie "princess"
Theron: Ninja
Alicia: Storybook Witch

Leslie and I are invited to one Halloween party, but I'm not sure if it's dress up or not. If it is she'll probably just go as a Zombie (she was just the female lead in Evil Dead the Musical) and I'll probably just throw on my "Jason Mask" (Friday the 13th).

I'll try to post photos of the kids after trick-or-treat.

Old 10-17-12, 11:48 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Kendall wants to be a...............clock. We have no idea where she got it from, but she has not budged from this either. So I will need to get cracking this weekend to make her costume.

She originally (as in a couple of months ago) wanted to be a princess and I was excited to dress up Garrett as my little prince. But now......we are stuck. We thought it would be cute to dress him as a mouse, as "Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock." I'd have to order gray pants & long sleeve shirt (or try and find at the consignment store), but it is often too hot here on Halloween for those types of costumes. And he hates wearing anything on his head, so a hood, headband, or hat with ears is out the question.

What else goes with a clock??

Old 10-18-12, 10:06 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Joseph kept changing his mind but he finally settled on being a pirate. DH and I are dressing up as pirates too for the trunk or treat at church.

Old 10-18-12, 12:19 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Gretchen - a watch or a clockmaker? Not sure what a clockmaker would look like though.

Somebody with tools? Or if you could get a whole bunch of old watches (or make felt clocks), attach them all over his clothes?

Rachel wants to be a zombie. I need to take her to a thriftstore to get clothes she can destroy. She's pretty good with makeup so that will work out.

I got lucky with Leanna - she went thru the bag of old costumes and found a skirt, a shirt with a spider, stockings with spiderwebs, and a cape that matches. She is calling it "black riding hood" (instead of red riding hood.) I only had to buy her a black basket to go with it.

I don't usually dress up other than something like a silly headband or devil horns.

Old 10-18-12, 02:01 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

oooh, Sharyn.....you just gave me an idea! Instead of trying to make him something that "goes with" a clock, I think I am just going to make him a t-shirt and draw/paint a clock on it and put "mommy's alarm clock" on it, because that is what he was when he started wailing at 2am this morning!

Thanks friend!

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools