Baby Corner

Old 11-18-09, 11:07 AM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 2338.75%

I have never expierenced anything like this ever happening to either of our kids. My 3.5yr old has a bad habit of going up and giving people hugs, but I've never had any strangers ever try to touch my kids or anything. A lot of people will try to talk to them when we're out shopping, especially in the check-out line.

Old 11-18-09, 11:18 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 32.5%

I so understand the Chinese buffet thing. They always wanted to hold my boys and I would be like No, Sorry! Alot ppl also hoover around Presley too and I kinda back her up a bit. I have never actually told anyone not to touch her just the Chinese ppl with the boys. We havent been to a chinese buffet since having Pres. But I totally understand your concern right now with this flu season. I carry lysol and purell in the diaper bag. The sign is a good idea lol. Kinda like the seeing eye dogs have a no petting sign.
Thank you Keepers!
LMB2007 (11-18-09)

Old 11-18-09, 11:28 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4220%

I should add that it was easier to ward off strangers when dd was in her infant seat b/c I could pull the shade down. Plus when she was newborn, I had no qualms asking people to use hand sanitizer before they touched/held her.

I know some moms I know will say something like, "Oh, sorry, BABY has a cold & I wouldn't want YOU to catch it." Maybe you could try that?

And yes, I was worried about the 7 yr old dropping Kendall b/c she appeared to be struggling & was trying to carry up the steps to slide. Then when they were walking, she would practically be dragging dd & wouldn't stop properly to let dd step down; there were a few close calls with dd's face & concrete!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 11-18-09 at 11:49 AM.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
LMB2007 (11-18-09)

Old 11-19-09, 12:29 AM
is looking forward to a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!
VIP Member

Thanked 338 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I personally would not be ok with it...especially with all of these "flu's" going around. Honestly, we are trying to be corteous, does it matter how we handle it at the end of the day? Just trying to get you off of the hook Mama Bear! Seriously...there is nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious!

Old 11-19-09, 08:20 AM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 26.25%

I hated it when ppl touched my kids when they were babies. I would seriously cringe- but never actually say anything to them. I especially hated when ppl touched their hands.

When we are out and about now, I won't let MY kids touch little ones. The first thing they go for is their little hands. So I simply say, "no touching- that's how we spread germs". I don't want to sound cruel but it is true- and I hope the mom/parent understands, KWIM?

They sell signs that you can hang on your stroller that so "no touching".

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools