Baby Corner

Old 05-23-09, 04:37 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%
Default Summer

For those with school-age kids and who don't work outside the home...
Do you keep your kids on a schedule over the summer or do you let them do pretty much as they want?

Old 05-23-09, 05:39 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

an excellent question!

I keep them on the same schedule.
They don't get to stay up, they eat at the same time.
And everyone wins.

It helps that we have daycamps that force us to stay on schedules somewhat as well. if you gotta get up at 7am to be at camp on time, then you can't be staying up all night no matter how light and bright it is outside.

Old 05-23-09, 08:36 PM
Eric & Ty's Mommy

Thanked 113 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

we give a little extra leiway, They can stay up a little later, (its hard to get them to bad when its still light out) but for the most part we try to keep them close to "school" scedule

Old 05-23-09, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

My kids aren't school age yet, but Josh is in preschool and has to get up every day at a certain time during the school year.

During the summer, we follow a loose version of our regular schedule. My kids are up between 7-730 no matter when they went to bed the night before, or how light or dark it is in their rooms. So.... they need to be in bed by 8ish. But, if we're in the midst of something and eat a couple snacks and a late dinner, no biggie for me. If they're up till 9:00 one night because we were out late playing, so what? (IMO)

As they get older, I'll let them have even more freedom in the summers to stay up late and do "fun stuff," as long as their attitudes stay in check. My mom worked f/t when I was growing up so summers were mainly spent at d/c and grandma/grandpas house, and I felt like I never got to have those "lazy days of summer" until I was a teen and old enough to stay home by myself.

Old 05-24-09, 01:09 AM
is Fins Up
melanie

Thanked 48 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

we try and keep her on the same school schedule but it i hard to go to bed when the sun is still out so theres a little give
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools