Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question To trade in or not to trade in...

To trade in or not to trade in...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-18-08, 12:51 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1620%

Just putting my 2 cents in here. Late but still.

I have a Suburban. I LOVE IT. I've had it since 2001 right before Brent was born. I will disagree about buying new only because we are the type to buy something , pay it off and then drive it a long time. If you're the type that will keep an automobile for a long time then nothing is wrong with new and who cares if it depreciated? Now if you are the type that trades before it being paid off then new is probably not the best option for your money.

And we are not minivan people even with the sucky mileage and gas prices. My Surburban gets a whopping 18 MPG on the HIGHWAY.

Royally sucks but we need the space and neither of us like the feel of driving a minivan. I do like the Honda but we're just not willing to give up the Surburban. We've thought about buying a 3rd small car for me to drive to work now that it's just me and Braedon every day but even that seems dumb since my truck is paid off and we're not going to get rid of it because we drive it for family trips.
Thank you savannah33!
holly302 (08-18-08)

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools