Baby Corner

Old 02-26-10, 08:36 PM
is looking forward to a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!
VIP Member

Thanked 338 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile Trendy/Extravagant?

Sorry for all the questions...we had a huge snow storm and I am desparate for adult conversation

Do you think you are trendy? What is the most extravagant thing you own?

I'm not a trendy person AT ALL...the complete opposite, I'm the most comfortable wearing Jeans and a Fleece pullover, which I wear pretty much everyday - thankfully work is casual. I have dressier outfits, but am most comfortable dressing down. Don't need the manicures and will indulge about 4 times a year for a pedicure, my purse is from Target (although I need a new one - I called it my "Hoochie-your-a-mama purse

) I would say the most extravagant thing I own is my Blackberry

I recently purchased Kiehl's Moisturizer and I love my perfume from Zephora...but that's about it. I also have a cleaning lady that comes every other week, but DH and I agree we'd go barefoot before giving it up.

I see kids at DS's school with UGGS on...OK, that is just crazy $$ spent IMO since there feet grow so quickly...I would love a pair myself but honestly they are so trendy I wouldn't buy them for that reason, not the cost.

Old 02-26-10, 08:59 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm even less trendy then you

The only name brand thing I've owned in my adult life is my Nike sneakers. I feel odd that they are "name brand", but I got them on a terrific sale and they were the ones that fit right so I got them. I have a name brand purse too, but it was a hand me down from my mom

I rarely use it as it makes me self conscious and doesn't really fit into my mommy lifestyle. I just put my things in the diaper bag

My view on name brand clothing is they should be paying me to advertise for them and until they do I'm not wearing it

My DH got me a spa pedicure when I was 38 weeks pg with Everett. I didn't care for it. I could do a better job on my own toes at 38 weeks pg then they did

I do wear "designer originals" if I get to count as my own clothing line

I make most of my own clothing so it fits properly

I do the same for the kids.

Laura

Old 02-26-10, 09:00 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I'm like you - I live in comfy clothes. I sometimes dress up for dinners out, but that's very occasional. I don't wear any makeup at all; in fact, I think it's been at least 6-7 years since I've worn any.

I do have some extravagances, though. I have the every-other-week cleaning lady too, and occasionally get a pedicure or a massage.

Old 02-26-10, 09:50 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well I don't think Im trendy.I wear jeans and tshirts 99.9% of the time.I have never been a girly girl and wear store makeup about 2x week.I do wear name brands but only buy them on sale or clearance (mostly fox and Roxy). I do have some extravagances my levi's and well my Coach purse that I buy once a year

I don't get my nails done I get my hands dirty too often and have NEVER had a pedicure.

Old 02-26-10, 10:08 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I'm stuck in the snow and desperate for adult talk too!

I used to like to be mildly trendy but since the kids and gaining weight I am as boring as you get.

Oh and being on one income takes care of any trendy tendencies as well. LOL!

I prefer some brand name stuff because of quality but I doubt my Lands End clothes would be considered "trendy".

I definitely have champagne taste and beer budget when it comes to houses, home decor and cars but for now it is all dreams. I did drive a Volvo for a while mainly because I always thought they were cool and also safety rating but mostly because I loved the heated leather seats and all the other niceties that come with a foreign car. :-)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools