Baby Corner

Old 04-16-09, 10:06 AM
Eric & Ty's Mommy

Thanked 113 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I think its a bit crazy to want a c-section, but people do it, just to know the date times ect, and they are scared to push and the pain w/labor. Personally I did have pain (petocin drip and a lot of contractions close together with NO results!) I was in labor about 15+ hours but I had drugs and an epi towards the middle - I survived !
my first was not a planned section, but I kinda thought it would end that way (not sure why, maybe b/c my dh is and was a big baby and Im smaller framed and my mom had trouble delivering me and my brother both less than 6 lbs) plus I was induced at 36 wks b/c my bp - but second baby was a planned section, I never really considered vbac, I was too nervous that something would go wrong & my docs really thought Ty was going to be about 10 lbs they thought the section was a better option for us both!

Old 04-16-09, 10:22 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

My SIL was given the option with her twins and of course she did it although I warned how hard postpardem would be. She totally regreted it afterwards. There is no way I would ever opt for c-sec unless I had no other option, unless I had a prev one.

Old 04-16-09, 02:07 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsS1stbaby

Did her dr actually give it to her as an option? Or was he just relaying the fact that babies are born by either option A or B, like you would be telling someone who acted like they had no clue about anything about childbirth. (I know someone like this)
As far as I know he was giving the mom the option - not just explaining it. I was

as I'd never heard of any woman being given the choice without any medical reason.

I never knew a woman could refuse to have a vaginal birth - that sounds funny since that is what will happen if she waits long enough!

Old 04-16-09, 02:08 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I have to agree Susan, my C-sections were a breeze. I was out and about as soon as I was home from the hospital and moving around in the hospital a lot sooner than the vaginal deliveries. i only needed motrin for pain and that was only the first 3 days.

The only issues I had were with the lochia but that is the same either way you deliver.

I really was thankful to have had such quick recoveries each time.

I definitely am not "posh" LOL but we do see that a bit here too.

For me it was a gut instinct and it turned out to be the right thing for me. While I don't want woman just choosing surgery for no real reason I would really really hate to see our choices in child birth limited as it is our babies and our bodies.

There isn't one right way for all women when it comes to getting pregnant, delivering or raising the kids. I just hope and pray that we are able to have all options available to us in this day and age.

Old 04-16-09, 06:20 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I ended up with a c-section with #1...
(scheduled induction due to PIH then failure to progress aaallll day... then they learned I had a "very pronounced arch"... my son was ENORMOUS @ 9lbs 10oz & my OB said he could get stuck which could be life threatening or break his collerbone or hip coming out)
I sobbed when my OB/GYN told me that it wasn't a choice anymore & I had to have a c-section. It's NOT how I had "planned" the birth of my first child.

My OB/GYN did give me the option of vbac or section with #2, but when I asked her what she thought the CHANCES were of the same situation happening again... she said "Oh, probably about 80-90%".

I decided to go with another c-section!! I WILL say that my second (planned) c-section was a better recovery than my first (unplanned) c-section.

From what I've seen.... from what I've experienced.... from people I'm close to & talked with....
I think the recovery from a "regular" birth is easier & more desirable for both mom & baby.
I don't think c-sections should necessarily be "given away" without attempting the natural way.
Thank you Heidi1361!
skyqueen (04-16-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools