Baby Corner

Old 04-16-09, 08:44 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

I cannot for the life of me figure out why a woman would opt for a c-section with her first baby. Subsquent c-sections are one thing, but to even enertain the thought of a section (especially when a doctor mentions it as a choice!) is beyond me.

I had two vaginal births and one emergency c-section. With both of my vaginals I walked to mother and baby. I was up that fast (of course i didnt have an epi or foley, etc) with my c-section it was a nightmare (this of course is just MY experience) I know there are women who didnt have half the troubles with recovery as I did.

Old 04-16-09, 08:58 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I really think a planned c-section is much easier to deal with than an emergency one. On top of the anxiety you have already been in labor etc.

I had very very easy recovery from c-sections all 3 times. I wouldn't change a thing. The thought of a 7 lb baby coming out my you know what scares the bejeezes out of me.

I'd rather be cut open with some good drugs.
Thank you savannah33!
holly302 (04-17-09)

Old 04-16-09, 10:24 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

you say that because that is what you know.
Everyone states what they know with no scientific data to back up their opinions.

Scientifically, though. C-sections are NOT the best idea in most cases. And, moreover, shouldn't even be an option for most people.
C-sections should only be even considered if the surgery will save a life with statistical probabilities to the effect.

If a c-section were actually THAT much easier than a vaginal birth, then the 6 vs 8 weeks of maternity leave should be ammended accordingly

Old 04-16-09, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i had two c-sections and then a vaginal birth with my last...totally unplanned

I had a c-section planned

BUT I went into labor and the baby was right there so the Dr said I was past the point pf any problems with a vbac and the baby was coming so I dlivered vaginally. It was sOOOO scary since all i knew was c-sections and I have mentally prepared for a csections. I was in denial until the baby came out!

basically unheard of around here to have a vbac after two csections but I did..again..unplanned!

if I had to choose...I would now choose vaginal..if you asked me before this baby was born I would have said csections b/c that's all i knew

Old 04-17-09, 12:12 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Again Susan I totally agree. My SIL had a unplanned c-section with her first and was miserable and had a LONG recovery. Her last 2 were VBAC and her recovery was similar to my recoveries.

My planned c-sections were literally a breeze. My biggest "pain" was the spinal (which I would have had either way).

I am not in any way condoning c-section or saying it is the "easy way" but I really hate all the hang ups and judgments women make if you deliver this way, or breast feed for a month, or god forbid can't breast feed.

Sort of like the silent battle that wages on between sahm and working moms.

That is what upsets me a bit. Plus it puts so much pressure on women who for whatever reason "fail" and HAVE to have a c-section.

I was a new mother who had a c-section AND couldn't breastfeed due to medications I take. People looked and said things to me like I was a monster. People (even family) made comments that insinuated I wasn't "enough" of a mother.

Thankfully I knew better and it never bothered me, but sadly it does bother a lot of women.
Thank you Patience!
MrsS1stbaby (04-17-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools