Baby Corner

Old 08-21-09, 01:13 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 873.64%
Question Wasp nest

My parents have a wasp nest in their bush next to front of their door and wondering how to get rid of it. My mom suggested to cut the branch down, but then you have to worry about them flying out. I suggested just using wasp spray...any other suggetions?

Old 08-21-09, 01:26 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 641.82%

I wouldn't cut the branch. The sprays shoot from a long distance away so they should be safe to spray and run, but I've always been too chicken to use them!

I have pest control every 2 mo & he will knock down any nests he sees so I don't usually have to do anything.
Thank you 2babygirls!
DanieH (08-21-09)

Old 08-21-09, 03:49 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 5.45%

Wait until night fall, no matter what you do. They all go back to the hive at night, so you will get them all.

How big is the hive?
If it is really big I'd call a professional. If it's small enough, I'd cut it, spray it and then bag it so they can't get out if they lived through the spray.

GL
Thank you Oreo!
DanieH (08-24-09)

Old 08-21-09, 06:52 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%

If it is small I would knock it down and run in the house! but make sure you do it when you don't have to be anywhere right after because you might get stuck in the house for a few hours after wards! I have knocked down some hives and they all will find a new home afterward so once they are gone you can go take the hive and get rid of it! If it is real big and the wasps seem aggressive already I would get a professional to do it!
Thank you imagine!
DanieH (08-24-09)

Old 08-24-09, 08:45 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 873.64%

It wasnt a wasp nest after all...it was like a black bees or something and it was huge! My dad called the exterminator and it was gonna cost them $150! Their neighbor came out about 9 and took care of it instead.

Latest Articles
Conceiving Quicker Doesn’t Mean Your Baby Will Be a Boy
Of all the old wives tales about gender selection, one, conceiving quicker means you will have a boy, has been debunked.

Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools