Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Wedding WWYD...

Wedding WWYD...

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 11-28-08 | 03:59 PM
  • [SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]This MIGHT not happen... and I'm just PRAYING that it doesn't. But there is a possibility...

My cousin is getting married on Aug 22, 2009. Her only sibling, her sis, has estranged HERSELF from the family. The cousin who's getting married I'm pretty close to. We spent Christmas' and other holidays together always... we still talk a lot through e-mail/IM and I see her when she's around (she lives in NY with fiance).
    She had an engagement party and had little favors with "save the dates" attached this past summer.

My BIL (Dh's brother) has been engaged for at least 2 years. They keep on putting off the wedding (next fall... next spring... next summer)... and still have not announced an official date. BUT, supposedly, they're REALLY going to get married in... you guessed it... August 2009.

So what would you do if both weddings were on the same day?? My GUESS is that the venues would be a good 1.5-2hr drive away from each other.

My suggestion was that IF it happened, we could SPLIT... I could take one child and go to my cousins wedding & he could take the other child and go to his brothers wedding. Dh was NOT happy with that answer at all and thinks I'm really wrong for even suggesting it!!

So, what would you do if you had 2 family member weddings on the SAME day??
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-28-08 | 05:03 PM
  • I'd shoot off an email really quick to your BIL and let him know your plans for the 22nd. As they haven't set a date yet, I'd hope that they'd pick another weekend for their wedding!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
Heidi1361 (11-28-08)
  • eek042900 eek042900's Avatar 11-28-08 | 05:26 PM
  • Yeah, I'd do the same thing. This way, they already know that you have plans for that day.
Thank you eek042900!
Heidi1361 (11-28-08)
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 11-28-08 | 06:30 PM
  • They MAY have picked a date already.... but just not officially announced (or even informally announced).
    My MIL (his mom) was foggy on the whole thing... but seemed pretty sure it was going to be in August.

A well-worded e-mail is a good idea though!!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 11-28-08 | 08:14 PM
  • yeah - that's about all you can do really,

Just tell them that you hope they haven't set a date in stone yet, because you've already committed to your other family's date on the 22nd so if they choose that date, then you'll have to decline their wedding because you're already committed to the other.
Thank you skyqueen!
Heidi1361 (11-29-08)