Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
what do you think?

what do you think?

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 03-31-08 | 07:51 PM
  • i am planning my 21 month old and 12 weeks olds baptism for May. we are renting a Knights of Columbus hall, and i am havinbg a hard time with the food . its so expensive! we have about 60 people coming, and the onoly thing i can come up with and afford, is chinese food. do you think most people like some type if we get a huge assortment, or is this a no go. opinions please?
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 03-31-08 | 07:56 PM
  • What about pasta? You could do lots of lasagnas or zitis. Pasta is pretty darn cheap. Some bread, salads and some cannolis and you should be ok. I bet if you call your local favorite pizza place, they can do much better than the Chinese place.

I like Chinese, but don't know how it works with so many people.

I'd guess I'd make a few calls and do some price checking.

Good Luck!
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 03-31-08 | 08:02 PM
  • oh let me add, i am NOT cooking, hahahah. i hardly have time to go the bathroom these dasy, cooking for that many would kill me.

I called abunch of places about lasagna trays and stuff, and the chinese food is way cheaper.
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-31-08 | 08:05 PM
  • personally i don't like chinese, but i'm a picky eater... i like the pasta idea... but if chinese is the cheapest.... go with your gut....

btw: 60 people? I don't even think I know 60 people!

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 03-31-08 | 08:09 PM
  • I would have to agree with the pasta idea. I know it may be more expensive, but I think most people will eat it as opposed to the chinese food.
    Good luck!