Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
What do you think of chiropractors?

What do you think of chiropractors?

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-13-08 | 12:06 AM
  • Do you believe what some of them say about being able to cure so much just by aligning the spine?

I did go to the chiro with the advertisements. Turns out my neighbor goes there & since everybody I ask goes someplace else that is as good a recomendation as any. He took xrays & kept my MRI's to review so he can tell me if he can help me.

So.. what about the idea that chiro's have that they can cure things like allergies & ear infections & other stuff not connected to the spine? Is it real or just a way for them to make money?
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 09-13-08 | 12:20 AM
  • I don't know about the curing of stuff, but one did make my back feel better.

Just a warning. I have read a couple of very serious articles about women getting adjustments and then very soon afterward having a stroke. Evidently there can be an issue with the arteries carrying the blood to your head. Some women have had them torn/pulled or loosened because of the agressive "cracking" of the neck. The articles all suggested if you must have an adjustment don't let anyone adjust you above the shoulders.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-13-08 | 12:56 AM
  • I think there are alot of things that are related to the alignment of the spine. But curing ear infections and allergies?

I think that a properly aligned back can help feet problems, they can cure sleep problems...
    but only so far as stuff is related.

I am a firm believer in chiropractors. They've done so much for me (and cost me so much) but they've started to restore a degrading body (mine) and have helped me on my path toward recovery.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-13-08 | 01:00 AM
  • oh, and I forgot to add...I think that acupuncture can.... but not chiropractors.
  • Twinkies_Mom Twinkies_Mom's Avatar 09-13-08 | 07:29 AM
  • i have always wondered about this myself. I know that they say it works wonders for a colicy baby.