Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question What would you advise? (Long)

What would you advise? (Long)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-23-09, 08:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 13.48%

Ugh! I read this and then went for a walk to think about it. It's so hard when someone's asking you what to do in a situation like this.

I think if I were in your position (ack), I'd try to ask her questions and try to be there for her as much as I could.

Are you happy?
What would you tell ME to do if I called you and told you this?
How is this affecting the kids, who have GOT to know something is going on?

If I did offer advice, I'd avoid the word "divorce" and just tell her she needs to distance herself and protect her kids from the distructive behavior he's displaying. If he wants to change (which heprobably cant) and she wants to reconcile then, go right ahead once he's proven himself.

Old 06-23-09, 11:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 11.3%

....how big is his life insurance policy? I'm just saying......

Old 06-23-09, 11:21 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 1871.09%

Old 06-24-09, 12:26 AM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 0.43%

Good advice already given. I'm GLAD I'm not is your shoes, yikes!!

I'd also try my best NOT to make a decision for her... even if she's pestering you to do so!!

The guy sounds pretty scummy... MULTIPLE women before, and now one more "serious" one... yuck.

I think a good thing to offer would be to watch her kids so they can have a looooong discussion face-to-face.

Good luck!!

Old 06-24-09, 08:11 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 35.22%

Oh brother what a bad position to put you in. I think I'd offer the shoulder to cry on but not much else and stay out of the drama as much as possible. I know you want to be there for her but I agree with Holly this is going to get ugly. I had a friend whose dh was cheating on her and even though I didn't offer any advice my friend confided in me and now the dh that she reconsiled with doesn't feel comfortable hanging around me because he thinks that I don't like him. WELL of course I don't like that you cheated and treated my friend like crap but I never told her what to do! It's a bad situation.

Good Luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools