Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
What would you do with this yard?

What would you do with this yard?

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 05-02-09 | 10:23 AM
  • tuna can not true in Southern california

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 05-02-09 | 01:03 PM
  • We don't even get morning fog here in my corner of So Cal, so the tuna can won't work for us!

I was thinking of a rock creek & rocks around the trees. Its expensive though. I wonder if I'm allowed to drive a truck to the dry river near me and pick up rocks? I'm not sure where to put the river though...should I run it down the side between my house & my neighbor? Maybe a nursery will have a program I can use to map it out.

The lawn, bushes, and 1 tree were there when we moved in 8 yrs ago. All we did was add a few trees & keep it growing.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 05-02-09 | 02:23 PM
  • I know they have computer software to help you landscape.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 05-02-09 | 06:42 PM
  • yeah, they have computer software (I have some of it) but I really hate it. I'd rather graph paper and a pencil to be perfectly honest.
    (and I've used 2 different yard programs quite a bit)

NO, you can NOT drive to a riverbed and go steal rocks for your yard. There are laws on the books against that.

If you wanted to do the drycreek bed, then I would have it meander from the corner of the street area, S around thru the middleish area, over toward the neighbor's edge, back toward the middle of the grass, and then end toward the corner of your house.

But I don't really like the look of dry creek beds. (I know they serve a purpose, but they're just not my style.)