Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
What was your first car?

What was your first car?

Reply Post New Topic

• countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 01-19-10 | 04:32 PM
  • With my dd getting ready to drive ,I was currious to see what other people got as there first car.
    Did your parents buy you it or did you have to buy it/earn it?

My dd will be earning her first car.Its mine right now but she will be working for it.My ex wanted to buy her what she wanted but her grades haven't warrented it.
    She wants a full size blazer or truck,while she we be safe like a bug in a rug her gas bill will kill her,even just going 2 miles to school.

My first car was actually my ex's and I first car.It was after we were married and we paid $150 for it and the ex did all the mechanical work (needed a motor rebuild).Our parents didn't help one bit for it...we worked for everything we had.

As I said before I'm just currious as to how everyone obtained there first car. :hmm:
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 01-19-10 | 04:45 PM
  • I learned to drive in a 1978 VW Beetle. My first car was a 1995 2-door Jeep Cherokee.
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 01-19-10 | 04:51 PM
  • My parents bought me my first car which was a 1990 Honda Accord EX... I loved that car... and drove it until I bought my own car a 2001 Honda Accord (again, I loved that car!) and we still have it today, Mike drives it.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 01-19-10 | 05:14 PM
  • I got my first car in 1998, it was a 1984 Isuzu I-Mark that my parents bought for like $600.00. I ended up doing most of my learner-permit driving in it, until I got my license. It didn't have AC, but as a lot of my friends at the time were younger than me & did not have a car, we loved it! I paid for insurance and gas. (technically my parents paid for insurance and I paid them back each month) I think I drove that car for about 2 years until I decided it was time to have AC!

I found a picture of one that looks closet to the one I had, but you can't see the front of it. (the silver/gray car)

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 01-19-10 at 05:27 PM..
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 01-19-10 | 06:09 PM
  • My first car was a Saturn SL2 that I bought as a jr in college. Still have it and DH drives it to work. It was our "family" car until I got a van 2 yrs ago.

When I was in HS I drove the family minivan around. My mom paid for my gas and insurance and I was her slave

Literally, the day I got my license she gave me my own set of keys and a CC in my name (linked to her acct) and told me she was never going grocery shopping again

She just about kept to her word too! I was the principle shopper and driver of my younger brother. I also did all of the cooking and most of the cleaning as well. I did more as a teen then I do as a mom! DH does yard work! No mowing for me!

Laura

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work