Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Where do you buy shoes

Where do you buy shoes

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 07-01-09 | 07:14 PM
  • I need a pair of GOOD shoes... I have flat feet & it's starting to affect my knees & hips... ouch. I think I want a pair of nice leather-type everyday ones & nice sneakers too...

But where do you go to get properly fitted & measured & have someone who knows about shoes help you?? (Rather than a teen or college kid making minimum wage, which is what I'm used to I think

)

I also have big feet

and fat feet

along with my flat feet

. It's like trying to find shoes for a duck...

. Shoe shopping is NOT my favorite thing... which is why I've always gone the quickie, cheapo route... but now I'm gonna have to pay the price in more ways than one!

• lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 07-01-09 | 08:14 PM
  • This may sound awful but try a a place that fits shoes for diabetics and elderly. you can probably look them up in the yellow pages or ask your pharmacist. Strange i know but the place around here(Chattanooga) that does that is a pharmacy.
Thank you lauralkemp!
Heidi1361 (07-01-09)
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 07-01-09 | 08:41 PM
  • We have a lot of sports/running shops and they will measure, look at your stride and your foot structure and fit you for runners or cross trainers. I will def. go that route when and if I ever start running again.
Thank you alb526!
Heidi1361 (07-01-09)
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 07-01-09 | 08:59 PM
  • I agree with alb526 for the sneakers. I went to a running shop and they were great. They asked me for a price range and gave me a choice of 3 or 4 pairs that fit my foot type and stride. If you go to a running shop, bring a pair of worn shoes so they can see which way your shoes were to fit you properly.

For regular shoes I would go after teh running shoes so you know your size (usually a half a size smaller in shoes than sneakers). I would suggest easy spirits or naturalizers. They have some nice styles but are fit more like orthopedic shoes without necessarily looking like them.
Thank you teddybear1082!
Heidi1361 (07-01-09)
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 07-02-09 | 09:53 AM
  • I was going to say we have an athelitic shop that fits people here.
Thank you savannah33!
Heidi1361 (07-02-09)

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!