Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question Would you let your kid get waxed?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-16-12, 02:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%
Default Would you let your kid get waxed?

I'm the dad of two girls (6&2) so hopefully this is something I won't have to worry about for a while! My wife talks about shaving, etc. around the kids, but I'm more concerned that this is a direct result of "airbrushing" and "photoshopping" done in the media that makes it look like all famous people have flawless skin.

Disclaimer: So you don't the the wrong idea, this article is about waxing the legs, armpits, arms, face, etc. It does talk about the pubic area, but does not soley focus on it!

Would YOU let your little girl be waxed?

It's an unsettling trend - children as young as ten having their body hair removed to copy celebrities. So why do their mothers allow it?

Read more:

Old 08-16-12, 06:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 5550%

I do not think that children should wax anything. They shouldnt be worrying about there appearance. They should be acting like children and playing but it seems children are growing up to fast.

Old 08-16-12, 10:32 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I did not even click on the story to read it because my immediate answer is NO! My 4 year old has seen me shave my underarms and knows I shave my legs and when she asked me about it I told her it is something grown-up women do and when she is a grown-up, she can do it too. I'm glad she listened to me on this one, so far. Because she also sees me put on deoderant and insists she needs some! And she has snuck in my room and put mine on before....she'll come to me and ask me to smell them, lol.

Old 08-17-12, 04:00 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

My girls are 7 & 9 and know that I shave my legs and armpits but have never asked about doing it themselves. We don't emphasize glamour or photoshopped crap around here. In our house, your true beauty is your character. Today our 7-year-old wore a pink skirt and a red shirt--totally DIDN'T match but she loved it. So that's what she wore. My girls don't have any clue about fashion or trends or what's cool, what's not cool, what's in style, out of style, or whatever. They wear uniforms to school so they don't have that pressure to compete with other girls and they don't even know what the word "boyfriend" really means.

The longer I can keep it this way, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Old 08-17-12, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

No.
Unless...
There have been a couple little girls at school who really do have 1 eyebrow across their face. I'm not talking about a little hair in between the brows, I mean one, solid, dark eyebrow. If they came to me crying and asked to have it made into 2 eyebrows (aka remove some hair in between, I would let them. I wouldn't say ok to shaping or anything else, anywhere else. In these extreme cases and when it was THEIR idea, I would.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools