Baby Corner

Old 05-10-10, 03:56 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Your kids are also starting to get old enough to notice injustices. Sad as it may be, kids have no tact and will call them out on it soon! Having a kid tell you to your face that you "forgot" their mom changes most peoples actions as they don't want to hurt the kid.

Laura

Old 05-10-10, 09:51 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

They are beyond understanding!!

I would send them an empty thank you card -- as in thanks for nothing!!

What did your DH do about it?

Old 05-10-10, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Nothing.

Because he's clueless, he didn't realize what happened until I told him after they left. He called over there this morning in a completely unrelated matter, and said "I have a question for ya!" to his dad and (according to DH, who never, ever reads into anything) he said "UH YEAH????" like he was ready for some kind of fight or confrontation. Then, DH said, "Are you guys still going to come and watch Brady tonight?" Then, he loosened right up and said "sure, of course, etc" DH, who always gives his parents th benefit of the doubt, said--- it was on purpose. The same thing happened when they actually got over here tonight too. He said "HI!" in kind of a rude way (like a 4 year old says "sorry" when you make them apologize to their sibling) until I acted like everything was fine.

If my family had done this to Dh I would have noticed right away and would have said something immediately. But since it seems like FIL is waiting for a reaction so that he can say whatever the hell he wants, I think it's prob best to just let it go.

BUT I got some great advice from a friend who said we don't need to be spendign every single holiday with the grandparents. So... tonight we're booking our family weekend getaway for the next holiday.

Old 05-10-10, 11:36 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

That is a great idea Jeanne! That is reason number 1 why we love to travel over holidays. Our families cause too much drama and it just isn't worth it.

Better to spend time with YOUR family and enjoy the day.

Wow! Some people just really are a#!@oles.

Old 05-11-10, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

We also decided that for Father's Day, we will still get him something from the boys, but he will get a card and nothing more from us.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools