Baby Corner

Old 08-25-08, 02:50 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

If it's just Monday nights that there's a conflict... I wouldn't change sitters...
especially since it's a sitter YOU LIKE, and there's only a schedule conflict for a relatively short period of time (3mos, right?).
If I were you I'd find someone to pick up my son on Monday nights & watch him til I got home at 5pm.... &/or for the Wednesday conflict as well.

Old 08-25-08, 03:56 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Old 08-25-08, 05:12 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

I'd be a bit peeved that the sitter wouldn't take your son for another 90 min one day/wk temporarily. I understand Heidi's POV but its only temporary. Did you offer her more money? It would have to be enough to make her want to inconvenience herself. Could she think you are expecting her to do it for free?

Old 08-25-08, 06:03 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Ok..now I'm mad. When Dh picked Tristan up they discussed the situation more and she's opposed to using a drop in daycare service and called it extream! Ummm, Hello, she isn't available and I have exhausted all the family/friends I thought might be able to do this for us the only other alternative would be for me to cut my hours at work so I can pick him up on Monday's and I already don't get 40 hrs/wk.
I know when we made these arrangements, we had some specific hours in mind, but she also knows that DH is a school teacher and therefore his time to get off is fluid. There are days when even if he didn't have this to do, he would not be able to walk out the door at exactly the same time everyday! Dh is so mad right now he just wants to fire her and find someone who is willing to meet our needs without us feeling like we are bending over backwards to accomadate someone we are PAYING to provide a service to us.

Old 08-25-08, 06:13 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

I don't understand why she is so against taking him to a drop-in center. I can see if she doesn't want to drive the kids in the car but you said earlier that she all ready picks up another girl from school.

This must be frustrating! Is there a preschool-type center you can bring him to instead of a sitter? I did that because I never had to worry about the sitter being sick.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools