Baby Corner

Old 07-20-09, 06:38 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Question WWYD? (Kinda long)

I would post this over int he TWW or TTC boards but I think I'll get more of a response here...

My cycles lately have been messed up and goofy. I had one that was 10 days longer than it should have been, then the next one was 5 or 6 days longer than normal and when it was fianlly over the (tmi) bleeding was just strange in that there were a couple smaller sized clots and I started out for a few days very light, then on and off it would be heavy or light and it lasted nearly 2 weeks. SO, this makes me think (along with the opinions of others) that I may have had a chemical pg. (I got what I thought was a shadow of a line on 14DPO then later in the day it was a little bit darker line, the next test I took a couple days later I thought I saw a shadow of a line again, but it was REALLY hard to tell, then a couple days later AF started.)

NOW I am having a bunch of symptoms that I don't know what the heck to do with! I have sore bb's (this could be from Athemia sleeping more overnight), I'm crazy tired even though I'm getting more sleep, I'm VERY hungry all time and the only time I'm not hungry is when I'm feeling nauseaus, which is here and there, off and on. Also, the smell of cigarette smoke just about made me sick to my stomach yesterday at dh's parents house OUTSIDE. Oh, and I'm super over-emotional lately.

I took an HPT on Sat and it was a BFN. (This was after a dream that I had gotten a BFP and needed to call the Dr ASAP bc of the heavy bleeding.) I have no idea what DPO I am on bc of the strange bleeding that seemed to last a lifetime, but I am on CD25 and AF is usually due on CD24.

Today dh was asking me questions about if I would happen to be pg, if the bleeding would be an issue and other stuff as well. I told him that if I were pg, then yes, i should get into the Dr soon, but since I got a BFN on Sat I don't know what's going on, esp with the symptoms I'm having. SO he said to post here and ask what I should do?

So, WWYD??? I'm at a complete loss here!

Old 07-20-09, 06:52 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well, first of all. I don't think you had a chemical pregnancy.
Your + on the tests were so dang faint and sporadic inbetween other -s, that I am guessing there was no pregnancy at all. Chemical or otherwise. The small clots were just normal bleeding. I have small clots normally every month.

No doubt your hormones ARE out of whack. Could be the beginnings of menopause. (yes, it CAN happen to women who are young) Could be a lot of things really.

Next, even if you ARE pregnant. there are a great many cases of women having full-blown periods for months and months while they're pregnant who go on to have healthy babies (I worked with a woman who had her normal period AND tested negative for 4-5 months into her pregnancy and still had a healthy baby girl).
Still, all that said. There honestly isn't anything a Dr can do if you're pregnant and bleeding besides monitor things. Your body is going to do what your body is going to do. So seeing the Dr just lets the Dr stay in the loop and doesn't change the outcome.
So I'd say just hang tight for a while until you get a + and know that you are pregnant or wait a long while longer before going to the Dr to ask what the heck is up with your body.

Old 07-20-09, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Aren't you still breastfeeding? That would put your hormones all out of whack and your cycles too. My periods were HORRIBLE for a year or so after I stopped bf'ing each time.

My period symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are pretty much identical, so I'm no help there. I used to think I was imagining things back when we were ttc for so long- but then when I really got pregnant, I realize that I really did feel the same way.

I would contact your doctor though just to make sure. With the heavy bleeding and clots and such, it's just something you might want to make him/her aware of.
Thank you 3Princes!
koala_kaper (07-20-09)

Old 07-20-09, 07:04 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

oh, and what is "heavy"?
if you can fill up and bleed thru a 'super' tampon in an hour, THATs heavy...

Old 07-20-09, 07:18 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I am still bf'ing and I do suppose each time will be different, but after DS everything went back to normal, after DD1 stopped I was already pg with DD2, so maybe things are just outta whack from the bf'ing. I never even thought of that.

And I never said anything about any other -'s, I just said about the 2 shadow lines. I didn't take any other tests in between.

Yes there was a time or two where I had to change things "right now", but it wasn't going on that way the whole time. So yes, it was heavy at times. And the clots were not "normal" looking, so that's why I mentioned it at all.

One other thing I just thought of is I've been having more pain with DTD again. It had completely gone away for about 2 months or so, now it started up again. I'm wondering if all this has something to do with it or vice-versa.
Why-oh-why is this all so confusing?
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools