Baby Corner

Old 04-03-08, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 42 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Quote:
ask the parents who have children in the schools if they are happy with the schools
I think thats one of the best ways to gauge the school (aside from test scores) I know that low test scores dont always indicate the level of excellence at a school. Title one schools, low income, higher minority classes all contribute to lower scores even if the school itself is quite good. I was leary about dd's school when we moved here because the scores weren't as high as I thought they should be. It had proved to be a fantastic school with incredible teachers. I'm very very pleased.

I'd ask parents about it...look at class sizes..test scores..and word of mouth.

Old 04-03-08, 05:56 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3513.06%

Yep. Ask the parents. What's the issue with Buena Vista? It seems to score high on this list in both test scores, API, and rating.

Old 04-03-08, 07:14 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Buena Vista says they aren't taking any kids that aren't zoned for their school.

Old 04-03-08, 09:36 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

check with

and see of any of your schools are mentioned and what people are saying about the teachers....

I am on there

You do have to take some of it with a grain of salt though. It's anonymous and people are braver about bashing when they don't have to back it up with a name. I've had kids rake me over the coals and others who are fair and others who just me sound like teacher of the year.

Tough situation!! GL

Old 04-04-08, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

Uh, i meant go park your car outside in the parking lot. Sit in it and watch the kids coming out. Any good school will have supervision, and you'll pick up on stuff just from that.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools