Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Are You?

Reply Post New Topic

• ~Lisa~ ~Lisa~'s Avatar 07-18-08 | 05:05 AM
  • [SIZE=3]Are you up to date with your vaccinations? Do you have immunity to things? Are your boosters up to date? How important is this? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I ask because I will be starting a new job, and in healthcare, I had to get all of my titers drawn through the course of my career. Today I had to get a booster for mumps.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It is so important for our children to be vaccinated, but do we as adults have immunity as well. I was talking to DH about this, and he was wondering if he should go and get titers drawn, and make sure he has immunity. I mean, what good is it going to do our child if we carry something before she gets her vaccinations? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Being in healthcare, we have to be careful, but what about the general public??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]How bout you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Just kind of a rambling question, I dont want to start a debate about the whole childhood vaccinations thing...[/SIZE]
  • Laurie Laurie's Avatar 07-18-08 | 06:55 AM
  • I had everything updated when I went to college...but that was what...20 years ago?
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 07-18-08 | 09:24 AM
  • I had a tetanus booster back in 99 (I'm due again next spring) but other than that, I've never had any boosters.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 07-18-08 | 09:27 AM
  • I had an MMR shot in college about 12 yrs ago & I think I had a tetnus shot about the same time because I was bitten by a chipmunk. (which was my fault

)

I get a flu shot every year...does that count?
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 07-18-08 | 09:45 AM
  • I was checked and given boosters back in 99 when I was entering the teaching program. I have also had my tetnus done because of random ouchies.