Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question Are you an on the go type or a sit at home type?

Are you an on the go type or a sit at home type?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-08-10, 11:28 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 108%
Default Are you an on the go type or a sit at home type?

People have commented that our summer is going to be sooo busy. Yes it is but that is sort of how we live our life. We relax and have fun too around the house / pool or going to the beach but we're never the type of people to sit around and play video games or watch movies.

This spring Brent is on a Rec. Department baseball team, then he was invited to be on a tournament team (travel) so we're doing that through July 25th. Swim team for all three at the YMCA starts on May 17th (first monday out of school) and it's 1.5 hour practice Monday - Thur. and meets on Sat. We're going to miss some because of baseball but the Swim coach is OK with that.

Brooke has her dance recital at the end of May and dance lessons for 2 hours every Wed. till then.

Braedon is also playing baseball for the Rec. Department. through May.

So yes we are busy and life gets hectic but the kids want to do this stuff and they make all A's and have plenty of time to just play also. They stay home all summer with Randy while he works so they sleep as late as they want, watch TV, Swim, play outside etc while he works. I get home at 3:30 during the summer so it's not too rushed to get there and pick the kids up to go to activities. I do a lot of crockpot cooking and my dh grills a lot in the summer.

So what is your life like especially in the summer?

Old 04-08-10, 12:03 PM
is loving the cool ocean air
Community Member

Thanked 100 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I think it totally depends. Right now Emery is 3 and she is in dance, preschool 2 times a week, gymnastics and is starting swimming for the summer. We are going all the time, but I have a serious longing for a day off to stay at home!
So I don't know where that puts me? I want to stay at home and do nothing, but that isn't what I do! I am working full time right now, so in order to get stuff done, even when I am at home I am constantly going.

I am hoping to cut my hours back again because I want the kids to have time to sleep in and enjoy their summer.

Old 04-08-10, 12:41 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 108%

I understand totally. I think if I had my kids in daycare we would not be quite as involved. But since they are at home all day long it works out. I'm the only one running non stop. Dh working from home has been a huge blessing to our family!
Thank you savannah33!
jaedrae (04-08-10)

Old 04-08-10, 01:35 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 14.67%

Our summers are pretty sedate. Not by choice really but most of the kids activities wind down at the end of May. I would actually prefer the bulk of their activities in the summer when we have more time to enjoy them.

Ili's soccer, tap and ballet both end the first week of June.
Her school musical is that week as well.

Milo's soccer ends that week too.

We are going to try and sign DD up for tennis camp this year but that is only one week.

We too prefer to keep busy. We don't usually just sit around the house unless we are snowed in. LOL!

The summers have been difficult as DH is off July and part of August and we have nothing much to do.

We are trying to plan a trip for early August and are hoping to find some inexpensive activities to keep us all busy.

Old 04-08-10, 02:33 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

on the go

we head to the beach-- and have a ton of visitors-- we go to the beach from 11am ish until 3 or 4-- then I have camps scheduled-- 1/2 science camp for a week, 1/2 day soccer camp, 1/2 day football camp-- then for the month of july they are doing tennis lessons every tues PM

we relax too- but we're not a movie/video game fmaily either

oh- and travel baseball will go until end of June for C-- then football will start in aug for both boys!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools