Old 12-23-08, 07:45 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Am I Crazy?

Okay really don't answer that

The other night Tim and I were discussing names for our "next" child. I have always seen myself as having 2 children, a boy and a girl. I have my boy so in about a year we planned on TTC our girl.

Now I'M the one having 2nd thoughts on having #2!!!

I know crazy!

I don't know how to explain it really but I had a HIGH maintenance baby. He had reflux, jaundice, and LOTS of problems

as an infant. I enjoy sleeping through the night, his independence, not dealing with teething or reflux and not having formula (letting him eat what we eat!)

But then in the next breath, I miss my tiny infant that relied on me for everything!

My biggest fear is that I will have 2 boys! Then I'll really be up the creek without a paddle! I am so totally against having 3 because of the "middle child" thing but I REALLY want a girl!

Thanks for letting me sound off on this!

Old 12-23-08, 09:08 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

If your dead set on not having two boys then dont chance it!!! You cant guarantee yourself a girl, trust me. I have two boys and of course we wanted a boy and girl, didnt happen. I wouldnt change anything though. Now we are trying for number 3 but its just not working. I really WANT a girl, but I know my odds are 50/50!

Old 12-24-08, 11:44 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You are totally normal! I have my moments when I really want another babay...and then the moments when I think Dh should schedule his big snip. Dh goes back and forth too. Like you, if he could be guarenteed the sex of teh baby, in our case we'd like another boy, he'd be all for it.

Old 12-24-08, 01:08 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

My Aunt was here last weekend and getting to spend time with my two girls (esp the baby), it ALMOST made her want to have another. She said if she could guarantee a girl this time (they have 3 boys) she'd think about it. My Aunt is around her mid 40's.

So no, you're NOT crazy! The other thing is, if you are planning on waiting another year, you have time to think about your decision! Another thing, just because you have one baby with reflux or other issues, doesn't mean all your babies will haev the same problems

Old 12-24-08, 11:00 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Christina that's the thing... just because Nolan had reflux doesn't mean the next will have it but what if the next has WORSE problems? Like colic? Or something?

Something is seriously wrong with me that I am even CONSIDERING having only one child - I have always seen myself as a mother of 2 for sure.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools