Baby Corner

Old 12-26-08, 08:25 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2813.33%

No, you're not crazy! I've heard the jump from 1 to 2 can be hard and if you are worried about "high maintenence baby" again, I think it's totally normal! My SIL had such an awful time being pregnant and with the labor that she said she never wanted to do it again, even though the next time around might not have been that way-she didn't want to chance it.

My MIL had 2 boys, 13 months apart, and she said she LOVED having her boys and wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Oh, and this IS crazy: sometimes I miss my cute prego belly and my cute prego clothes that I want to to be prego again just so I can be all cute again....and K is only 5 months old! Uh,hello, that would be a no!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 12-26-08 at 09:04 AM.

Old 12-26-08, 10:18 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I think all babies by definition are high maintenance. DD had reflux until she was about a year and still has horrible skin allergies among other things (I think we should buy stock in lotion and aquaphor). She screamed almost non-stop for about a month after we came home from the hospital and for that same month I had to wake her every 2-3 hours to feed her because of jaundice and weight loss-I think the waking her up is what caused her to scream-by the way-I know I screamed because of it.

If I only thought about that, I would never want another one, but I think about all of the good things and that makes it all worth it to me.

Old 01-19-09, 03:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

You are not crazy. Maybe it's just not time to add another addition to your family. Wait a while and then see how you feel about it.

Old 01-19-09, 11:38 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

You might decide later on that you want to have a second child, even if it means you have 2 boys! It sounds like it's just not time, yet!

Old 01-30-09, 10:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.83%

it's totally normal to feel that way, my son was so high maintainance, I said that was it I'm never having another one, lol....
That was 7 years ago, now after such a big gap, we're finding it really difficult ttc. I may be wrong, but I think it's cos we've waited so long. My advice is to just go for it. I wish I did

baby dust x
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools