Baby Corner

Old 12-01-08, 08:18 PM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I will be pretty mainstream: hospital birth, disposible diapers, and formula feedings

Old 12-01-08, 08:19 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ooh wanted to add I do not co-sleep as I am a noisy unsafe sleeper (I thrash a LOT!)

I do some idea of babywearing as we used a sling & front carrier when Nolan was little.

Old 12-01-08, 08:21 PM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't co sleep either...DD was in her crib and her own room from day one...i never really "wore" her either...some people may view me as a "cold" mom but I am really affectionate and snuggle with her

Old 12-01-08, 09:08 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I'm kinda in the middle I guess too! I had a hospital birth with all 3 and will with any future kids as well. I breastfe(e)d all three and will with future kids as long as I am able (until they are at least a year old. The older two weened themselves around a year, we'll see what happens with the baby!) I use disposable diapers bc I know nothing about the newer cloth diapers (do you have to rinse them before throwing them in the wash? Where do you store the "used" ones before doing a load of laundry? etc.) And unless they wake up overnight to eat (before they are a year old) they pretty much sleep in their own beds all the time (I hav ebeen known to fall asleep while they are eating and wake up a couple hours later to put them back in their bed)

Old 12-05-08, 05:14 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala_kaper

I know nothing about the newer cloth diapers (do you have to rinse them before throwing them in the wash? Where do you store the "used" ones before doing a load of laundry? etc.)
No rinsing. Just throw them in the diaper pail. I got mine at BabiesRUs. Its nice as it uses its own bag and could be used for disposables if I wanted to as well. When you are ready to wash, simply take the bag out and throw the diapers in the wash.

When they are toddlers and their poop gets solid you shake it out into the toilet. You are supposed to do that with disposables too (it says so right on the package) as solid waste should never go into the landfills! Its poisoning our ground water! Your washing machine is hooked up to the same pipes as your toilet and they will treat it properly at the sewage treatment plant.

For nighttime you add an insert to the top of the diaper so they will hold more and not leak. Its very easy and simple to cloth diaper now. They go on just like a disposable!

You can use disposable wipes as well with cloth diapers. Just throw everything in the pail and pick out the fuzzy wipes and throw them away after the load is out of the drier. Cloth wipes are great though and much easier to use. Disposables are great for the diaper bag though!

As an added plug for cloth is that they don't smell bad! You know that absolutely horrid smell of a poopy diaper? You don't get that with cloth. Yes, it smells like poop, but isn't overpowering like when the chemicals in a disposable get wet or soiled. There were many times where I was very surprised to open up what I thought was a wet diaper and there was toddler poop it in! The diaper pail will never get that overwhelming clear the house smell when you open it either. I have a very sensitive sense of smell and personally couldn't stand to hold my child if they were in a disposable! A dry one was overpowering for me! My DH has a normal sense of smell and could never tell when our kids had a dirty diaper! But he'd gag when a niece ran by him with just a wet diaper! Cloth doesn't smell!!!!

Laura

Last edited by LAB; 12-05-08 at 05:21 PM.
2 Users Says Thank You
KJCsabre (12-09-08), koala_kaper (12-05-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools