Baby Corner

Old 09-18-08, 05:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Does it ever go away??

The longing for another baby?? First let me say I havent been on babycorner for MONTHS so Im sorry to come on here and just whine, but I really need to vent and I think dh has hit his limit with me this week and I cant talk to family cause they just dont get it.....so anyways I have three kids I ADORE and I know I am so lucky to have....thing is I REALLY want another one, I am one of 4 myself so I dont know if that is what it is or just the #4 sounds so perfect to me, but anyways dh does NOT feel the same, he had a vasectomy after our daughter was born, I wasnt happy about it but I agreed to it because he was so adament....ok so that was almost 7 years ago now and I am still craving another baby SO much, we (me mostly) have talked about adoption or vsec reversal but I feel like dh just isnt into it and that makes me sad

so ok as to why I decided to pop on here after months and vent to you guys.....my af was due on Sept. 13th, she didnt show I feel like I had a bunch of symptoms (of coarse its easy to make this stuff up in your head to when you want it so bad) then I take this weird pregnancy test that at first seems like its not working (like no reading at all) then when I look at it later (and yes I KNOW you arent supposed to go back and look later) and there are 2 lines there.....so ok Im stupid and I get my hopes all up and go buy another pregnancy test to take today and of coarse its BFN

WHY do I do this to myself?? dh had the vsec 7 years ago and nothing so why do I even let myself get excited like that? This is NOT the first time Ive done this to myself either....so after all that rambling my question is do you think it will ever go away?? The longing for another baby I mean....I guess if we are on the baby dreaming board probably not

but I figured of all the boards you guys would maybe understand my little rant the most...so let me apologise again for popping on like this and ranting but thank you to anyone who took the time to read it and who maybe understands

Last edited by tryinfr3rd; 09-18-08 at 05:49 PM.

Old 09-18-08, 05:42 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

No, it hasnt gone away for me and I doubt it will.

Old 09-18-08, 05:50 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

No, the feeling never went away. My DH didn't do anything permanent though and I just kept praying that he'd change his mind and he did this summer! It took 5 years. Now I'm sure he's wondering what we got ourselves into as I've been so sick this pregnancy

Laura

Old 09-18-08, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I'm not sure. I've been trying to squelch the desire.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools