Baby Corner

Old 02-28-11, 02:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default having a hard time

Hi all. I am pretty new to this whole writing and getting advice from people who are going through the same thing... i guess that has a lot to do with the fact that i am SLOWLY finding out that i am NOT the only one going through this. But it is so hard to go through...

So basically what is going on is that my husband and I have been married for almost three years, i stopped my birth control right when we got married... after that we just let nature take its course for a bit. Then January of 2010 we began talking to a doctor and that went absolutely nowhere. In October of 2010 we began getting intense with it, it got to the point where my husband was giving me shots every night in my stomach. In January after the third time of them telling us we werent ready to jump start ovulation we stopped to take a break. They have given us everything under the sun about why this is happening. I have PCOS. I am too overweight (bullsh*t i know people heavier than me that have 3 kids). They say it has nothing to do with my birth control but they took my old one off the market... explain that one to me.

So basically i am up to the fact that i WILL TRY ANYTHING! I want a baby so bad. My husband and I own a home. We have great jobs. We are fully ready for a baby and want one more than anything... If any of you have any ideas it would be more than appreciated.

thanks.

sincerely,

wanting a baby so bad!

Old 02-28-11, 08:50 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Welcome to TBC. Good luck- there are a lot of great ladies here who are very helpful and supportive. I don't know anything about pcos but I am sure someone here does and can help you out.

Old 02-28-11, 08:50 AM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 2023.27%

Welcome to TBC

I am sorry to hear of your struggles. We have a great group of ladies on the TTC board that are also actively TTC and will be very supportive.

Old 02-28-11, 12:04 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I know it's hard when it seems everyone else in the world is getting pregnant except you. I don't have PCOS myself but I've known several people who have had it and I know it does make it a lot more difficult.
Also on the weight thing..yes, bigger women may be getting pregnant, but losing weight and/or getting healthier can help tremendously! I've always had trouble getting pregnant. Last year I started working out and eating healthier. I only lost 10lbs before I got pregnant by accident! It was one of those things I just didn't think could happen, but just the few changes I made in short time really improved my reproductive health.

Old 02-28-11, 07:46 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 678.37%

Janine is right! I lost just 6 pounds(needed to lose about 35) and got pregnant w/ my son. my Best friend went from a size 24 to a size 18 and got pregnant with her son.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools