Baby Corner

Old 06-22-10, 05:09 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 5626.67%
Default Hoping I can get thru Saturday...

Saturday is the b-day party of my good friend's little boy. He is 12 days older then my dd, so me & this friend were pregnant together last time. I had never told her we were trying, nor that we had gotten pregnant, so she also does not know about my miscarriage.

Yesterday, she emailed me and told me that she is pregnant, she thinks she is 6 weeks along. I am of course very happy for her & told her so, but also silently praying that she doesn't go through what I went through, especially now that she has told everyone. (she put it on Facebook) She also asked how we were doing and if we were trying; I just told her "not right now."

I am pretty sure there will so much going on with kid's playing, gift opening, and such that it may never even be in a issue. I told Dh that I am just hoping we don't get a whole bunch of people asking us, "so, hey, when are you gonna give K a sibling?" or "you better get on it so you & her can be pregnant together again!" Any advice from you ladies?

Old 06-22-10, 05:18 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Old 06-22-10, 06:47 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 76.67%

Wish I had some - many people don't ever realize what others might be going through. I have to say that I was guilty of that too until I had fertility issues. This board was my savior and comfort during that time because I could be open and honest and be with others that were in my shoes. Enjoy the party and don't worry about what "might" be said.

Old 06-22-10, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 51.67%

Going through those situations, I say the best defense is a good offense!

I would try EARLY in the convo, maybe even when you greet her and congratulate her in person something like "Oh CONGRATULATIONS! I'm SO happy for you, but SO NOT at that point right now!" and start laughing. It's the truth, and it should deflect any so when ya gonna have a baby questions. You could add "I'm totally content with spoilin' my baby girl right now." for good measure.

I am 99% certain people will say things to you otherwise.

This is why I'm split on the decision not to say anything to anyone up until 12 weeks, even after my miscarriage. I was and am very open about my fertility struggles, because I've helped a lot of people IRL though sharing my story, but even if that were not the case, I told my close family and close friends as soon as I became pregnant, and was happy I did. When I lost the baby, i was able to confide in them, and they knew not to say certain things because they knew the struggle that I was going through. I was emotional for a few months afterward, and thank God the people I had the closest contact with knew why and could understand a little better.

Are you close with her? It's all about what makes you comfortable, but I would totally consider telling her once you're in a better place and she's further along. No matter how hard you try, it's likely it will be hard for her whole pregnancy, even if you get pregnant again before she has her baby.

I wish you good luck.

Thank you 3Princes!
MrsS1stbaby (06-23-10)

Old 07-04-10, 11:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.67%

What you do not know won't hurt you, so it would be a plus point if you just let it pass by and think about not mentioning about it or even think about it because you know in yourself that it hurts you. Things would be easier if you would just ignore them and let them pass by as if nothing happened.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools