Baby Corner

Old 08-07-08, 05:37 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I know exactly how all of you feel! I work with special needs kids and there are SO many women out there who don't deserve to be pregnant... I work with alot of kids who were prenatally exposed to drugs and alcohol. I now know how my sis felt when she was ttc and all of her friends were pregnant. Baby showers were especially difficult for her...I get to go to one for a friend who is also my cousin's wife...I set them up! And, while I am REALLY happy for her, I was hoping we would be right behind them and it's taking us awhile. We all know exactly how you feel....lets hope we all get a sticky bean soon. I had a chemical pregnancy last month and it was difficult...one day we were ecstatic that we were pregnant and two days later we weren't any more. IT SUCKS! Since you have had a couple late periods and a definite chemical pregnancy you might want to talk to your dr. Since it sounds like you weren't testing your late periods could have been chemical pregnancies too and if you have more than a few they should check you out to make sure your hormone levels are okay. I am petrified that I might go back to work on Monday and one of my newly married friends is gonna tell me she is pregnant- as I really wanted to go back to work pregnant and that isn't gonna happen. We are all here for you and are wishing you LOTS of babydust!

Old 08-11-08, 10:59 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Getting pregnant and staying pregnant are not easy things to do when your body isn't cooperating. It sounds like you are doing the right things and you are taking very responsible steps to create a wonderful life and family for a baby.

Lots of people are irresponsible, lots are doing dangerous things and taking risks, lots just aren't ready for kids. You can't control them. You can only control your reaction to the things that pop up like your friends' unplanned pregnancies. They may have the bfp you want, but they will also face fear, loneliness and financial insecurity that you won't. It isn't a bfp for them.... Keep your perspective!! You are on a strong and positive path --- everything worth having is worth waiting for.

Your turn will come!!

Old 08-12-08, 10:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 22 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so sorry to hear your frustration. I know it is hard.

I had my plans all worked out. I was going to finish nursing school, get pregnant before my last semester ended, then have a baby before I had to quit my job, stay home for a few months, breast feed, THEN find a job in nursing.....

Well, I was in my last couple of week of nursing school, my last part, where I was doingall those clinical hours....AF had not shown in weeks. I was SURE i was PG. I could feel it. I dont test before i am really late ( I have looooong cycles)

Well, there I am sitting there in my white scrubs. AF came to visit.

I cried the rest of the night. It sucked. dont know what it was, chemical, just nothing. who knows.

So, I decided that I would just kind of kick things around.

Another late cycle, a few months later. I passed my boards, had already accepted my position as a nurse, and resigned from my old job.

went on a quick little vacation. Decided to test and got a BFP.

so, now i have no benes, no time off, and dont know what the heck I am gonna do.

Many silly regrets, but I have now my beautiful daughter.

My point to this long drawn out babbling post........

everything will happen when it is supposed to happen. It all can't be planned....

While I was TTC with Elizabeth, people always told me, go ahead~~ make plans~~~ see what happens.

I wish you the best.

Old 08-12-08, 01:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

If i waited to go on with life until i conceived, i would still be stuck in the 1990's. It took about 9 years to have my first two. I say live your life and the pregnancies will work their way into it.

And yes when you want to get PG...EVERYONE else around you will get PG.

AMY

Old 08-21-08, 09:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am also so sorry that you are going through all this. I have been trying to get pregnant for 4.5 years with no luck. Right now I am doing the two week wait...longest wait of my life. That's besides the point. I work at a middle school as a social worker where 12, 13, 14 years old are popping up pregnant and want to keep the baby. Really? What can you give that baby? Here I am with a master's degree, my husband working on his Ph.D, a house, and financial and emotional ready for a baby, and these teenagers get one? I try not to whine so much, but sometimes it is so hard
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools