Baby Corner

Old 09-21-08, 10:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Deleted

Last edited by MommyBrown; 09-22-08 at 09:48 PM.

Old 09-21-08, 10:43 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 11.48%

to everyone who is still waiting for their first little miracle. Unfortunately, most "regular people" who can have a baby whenever they want aren't going to understand us. I can't tell you to be patient and it will happen, because I really don't know that. What I do really believe though is that your path to mommyhood will reveal itself to you over time. It may be a "surprise" pg, it may be IUI, IVF, or the miracle of adoption. Unfortunately for us, these things seem to happen in their own (or God, if you so believe) time. I hope your time is short and sweet and ends with a beautfull baby in your arms sooner than you all think. I can tell you for sure that once that happens, this will all be in the past and worth every second. Absolutely, positively, you will not regret how this human being came to be in your arms.

Last edited by 3Princes; 09-21-08 at 10:46 PM.
Thank you 3Princes!
wendysue611 (09-21-08)

Old 09-21-08, 11:29 PM
Loving Mommyhood!

Thanked 164 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Thank you Jeanne for your reply. I do agree with you and I appreciate your support.

MommyBrown, thank you for your reply as well, however, your story is a bit off topic and a little hurtful to be honest. The topic of this thread was titled "Just wanting to vent" because I was feeling very frustrated at the time and just coming off the rollercoaster of a chemical pregnancy. You need understand that the feelings I have towards the girls mentioned in my thread are not married, barely even in contact with the fathers of their children and living at home with their parents. Not exactly the ideal situation to be bringing a baby into. I have other friends who have gotten pregnant that I have been completely happy for because they are doing the right things (married, live out on their own, working, etc.) I do appreciate the slight support you left behind, but your story wasn't exactly relevant to "being on the other side" since you were married. Actually trying to conceive is a whole other world than those who just "happen" to get pregnant. You are a very lucky person to have a wonderful DH and to have already had your first child. I am patient and my time will come in some way, shape or form and I will anxiously await that day.

Thank you.

Old 09-22-08, 09:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I'm sorry for posting. I was not trying to be hurtful.

Old 09-22-08, 10:32 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 11.48%

to everyone.

MommyBrown (sorry, I'm not sure of your first name), I don't think anyone who posted here thinks you tried to be hurtful on purpose. You are already a great member at tbc and we are happy to have you.

I know I can speak for myself and probably some others when I say that it's hard not to be jealous of your ability to get pregnant whenever you want to (or weren't necessarily preventing). It's hard sometimes for us to take a step back and realize that *that* is the normal way, and we are the ones who have the fertility problems.
I know when i got pg with my first son, all the women on my DD board (almost) had gotten pg with the "if it happens, it happens" method, and I used to get so upset when they'd say, "trying? what's that?" and laugh about it. It almost felt as though they were making fun of me. They all became wonderful friends, and I know they never meant to hurt me, and their comments weren't even directed at me, but I took it personally. It's just that for us, ttc consumes our whole lives. Today isn't September 22, it's CD25. It's planning vacations, holidays, finances, sex, EVERYTHING around a what-if.

In our lives we come into contact with people who tell us stories like that on a daily basis. We know they're trying to support us, but, well, it's hard. So I think maybe Wendy and some of the others see this as their little corner of the world to say all the things we think all day long, and admitting to ourselves and the world how sad and upset we really are over it... wondering why God thinks this other person is a better mother, and how jealous we really are, and how much infertility makes us into someone we don't like sometimes.

We know you were trying to help... we really do. And we really appreciate that.

Last edited by 3Princes; 09-22-08 at 11:18 PM.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools