Baby Corner

Old 09-18-10, 09:17 AM
is TTC #2
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down TTC #2 still!

Well this month is a bust or atleast for now! I really thought I wa PG, but I guess not since AF decided to visit. Maybe it is all the stress I am under now. I am just going to try to let eveything pass by. Easier said than done!

When we first started to TTC #2 and didn't succeeed, I thought maybe I was going to the gym to much, so I haven't been to the gym lately as much as I was and still nothing to report. I was going to the gym at least 4-5 times a week and now I am lucky if I can get there 1-2 times a week. I have heard that if you change your exercise plan that might be a factor! So I have tried the exercising and trying to get PG and nothing, so now I am trying the no exercise!

We already have a wonderful little boy and I kinda would like to have a girl this time around, but now I just want to get PG and really don't care which gender it was!

I hope all you girls are having more luck than I am

Old 09-18-10, 09:40 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I don't think exercise is a factor unless you were training hard enough to affect your menstrual cycles (this happens to olympic-level athletes sometimes and to people with eating disorders and exercise addictions).

I exercise 6-7 days a week and continued to do so while TTC (age 38 for the first, 40 for the second). Cutting back your exercise won't be the magic bullet unless you're seriously overdoing it.

Have you tried temping and charting? I highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler to help you understand your body and maximize your chances of getting pregnant.

Old 09-18-10, 10:33 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I was going to post the same thing as Rudi. The book she recommended is THE authority on recognizing how your body works to maximize your chances of conceiving.

I also use Fertility Friend (

) to chart mmy cycles. It was easier than doing it all myself and it basically did everything for me.

And Rudi is correct--unless you're working yourself to the bone, decreasing your workout regimen won't affect your chances of conceiving.

Old 09-20-10, 11:01 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Just chiming in to agree with the other 2 ladies. It sometimes a few cycles to get used to charting and temping. Hope everything works out for you soon!

Old 10-18-10, 05:45 PM
is blessed :)
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 720%
Default GOOD LUCK!

Hi chef mandy, i agree with the other comments, working out wouldnt affect ur chances unless ur really overdoing it. I guess once you understand how ur body works it will be less stressful.

I must confess that a couple months ago i needed a 'chill pill'

all i could think about was getting PG and then my AF started playing tricks on me, it started being a week and sometimes 2 weeks late. I got alot of useful info here and now im just taking it easy and waiting for that special day!

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools