Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Baby Dreaming (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/baby-dreaming-512)
-   -   do ya SEE what time it is??? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/baby-dreaming-512/do-ya-see-what-time-373860)

3Princes 06-29-08 06:13 AM

do ya SEE what time it is???
 
Well, maybe not but it's 4:57am and I'm the only one on here!
I have been up worrying about ttc'ing again. Well, actually dh woke me up cause he couldnt sleep (don't know why) and now I'm up and he's sleeping.

How much is it going to cost to take 3 kids to disney? (according to their website, a lot, by the way). Are Josh and Matthew still going to get enough attention? Will they like having another brother or sister? Am I going to be able to afford to put them in activities? If we go to the fair, it's going to cost me like $60.00 to feed us! Are they going to resent that I decided to have another baby? Is it going to hurt our marriage because we'll be busier?

We just have such a good time now. Matthew's still not really talking yet but he's definitely the "clown" of the family, constantly making everyone laugh. He does stuff for the sheer purpose of getting Josh or the whole family to laugh. Josh is the caretaker-- I call him my little assistant because he's always telling everyone what to do and how to do it. He's super-smart and feels he's the resident expert on most things. 98% of the time I just feel that another child would have such a happy life coming into our family. The other 2% I worry about everything.

I think I didn't expect af to come along so quickly and the idea that this really could happen is overwhelming. My face looks like a pepperoni pizza, btw. No af yet.

Oreo 06-29-08 11:23 AM

:bighug:

I hear you on every single fear and ounce of anxiety!! I share them all, plust what will happen to Joe's life as an 8yr. who has to bend a bit for a baby in the house....

I keep coming back to my own experience as a kid growing up, wanting, begging, pleading for another sibling. I really believed in "the more, the merrier" theory. Yes, having another baby limits money and time, but I have to believe (being a Pollyanna) that the benefits of another little person will far outweigh the superficial limits.

I hope you can get a nap today, free from worry, with only wonderful baby dreaming!

3Princes 06-29-08 12:25 PM

:bighug: Aw.... thanks!

I finally did get some sleep on the couch before the kids got up (although dh never noticed I was missing :tantrum: ) . I decided to talk to him about it, even though I know he has mixed emotions about it, and could have easily just told me all my worst fears would come true... but, in a moment of sanity, he didn't.

He's the kind of dad who wants his kids to have everything their hearts desire, even though he was not raised that way. Funny thing is, I was raised more that way than he was, but I would have given it all up (and did when we got foster kids) for siblings. We talked about how we don't think getting everything handed to you is a good thing, because they won't appreciate it, and we know a child raised like that and it's totally true. We talked about how yes, the fair, disney, etc IS a lot of money for 3 kids, but it's also a lot of money for 2 kids!! We'll have to teach them the give and take where money is concerned. If we do a big vacation, maybe we don't do the fairs, other little excursions that summer. It's certainly not like another child will put us in the poorhouse/in foreclosure/on welfare, but we will have to be careful... and what's wrong with that?

We also talked about the effect it will have on our marriage, and he pretty much has said he doesn't mind another child at all, it's the "baby stage" he'd rather not relive (but if I want to, he's on board). So, once those first harried months go by, we should be ok.

SO remarkably, I am feeling 100 times better. So let's get this show on the road.

Janine 06-29-08 02:38 PM

I hear you! We've been trying to plan a vacation all summer and we keep running into the issue of having 3 kids and most hotel want us to have 2 rooms! :thud: It is crazy expensive to do all those things, but at the same time...I about when they are all grown up and out of the house...I'd have one more child to give me grandkids or come visit me.

3Princes 06-29-08 02:41 PM

Yes... I think it hits home for me because i'm an only child who is taking care of my mother who is very sick at times. It sure would be nice to have someone to share that with. Not that it's the SOLE reason for having more children--- to take care of us, but my kids have no real cousins, aunts, uncles, etc either.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.