Baby Corner

Old 04-01-09, 07:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default agreeing

DH and I originally agreed to name the baby after my grandmother or grandfather....Carrie Louise or Samuel Elliot but I changed my mind. It's a girl but she doesn't feel like a Carrie Lou to me. It's been a really hard pregnancy and I feel like she's got my other grandmother's spark....Marguerite Josephine. See where this is going? DH wants to stick with the original plan, I want some variation on M.J. even if we don't use the exact original...Margaret Josephine...Maggie Jo.... but my absolute favorite is Moxie Jo.

Am I totally nuts? Any tips on swaying DH? The other kids are all pretty conservative family names....Joshua, Anneliese and Whitten.

Old 04-01-09, 09:37 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I like Marguerite Josephine.... and you can nickname her anything you please!!

(Margo is a pretty name too.

)

As for swaying the Dh

... I'd start casually referring to the baby in my belly by the name I liked... and getting the other kids to help me out.
Thank you Heidi1361!
alb526 (04-02-09)

Old 04-09-09, 05:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 2%

Marguerite Josephine is a gorgeous name. Even the more conservative Margaret would sound lovely with Josephine and with your other kids names.

Old 04-09-09, 06:04 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 52%

OK how did I miss this post Amy? I am not to keen on Marguerite or Margaret there just so old sounding for a little girl. I do like Moxie and Maggie is also cute. What about Molly Josephine? Or Molly Jo? Both cute. Just start calling her what you want. Maybe he will catch on.

Old 04-09-09, 07:50 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I like all your choices! The names and the nicknames are adorable! Don't be afraid to name a tiny baby a "grown up" name. I did that with both of my girls and they don't go by nick names. A tiny baby will grow into a grown up name nicely!

I love Marguerite! Its beautiful and very little used. So old fashioned that it feels modern!

Laura

Latest Articles
10 Things Pregnant Women Do Not Want to Discuss
Here are the top 10 pregnancy questions asked as well as discussions pregnant women don't want to have. Tell us! Are they accurate?

Baby Led Vs. Mommy Led Weaning
Sometimes babies decide when they would like to be weaned from breastfeeding, while others decide they would like to breastfeed forever and must be weaned by Mommy.

TTC Lingo: A Guide to Trying to Conceive Acronyms
Have you ever wondered what all the trying to conceive acronyms mean? Here are the most common acronyms used in online trying to conceive and fertility communities.

So Breech Babies Have To Be Delivered By Cesarean?
Researchers in one study discuss the dangers of delivering a baby in a breech presentation vaginally vs having a c-section.

Trouble Conceiving? You Might Have a Vitamin D Deficiency
One study is showing a connection between infertility in men and women who undergo IVF unsuccessfully are Vitamin D deficient.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools