Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Baby Girl Name

Reply Post New Topic

• jax12paws 07-26-09 | 12:13 AM
  • We were so excited when the ultrasonagrapher shout out, "girl" at our 20 weeks ultrasound! My husband has an 11 year old son, and my sister has all boys, so (other than our only female dog), there are literally no little girls in our lives to spoil... but not for long!!!
    We both love the name Aiyana Violet - and her initials would be AVP - which are the same as her Dad's, which, in my opinion, is just too cute.
    My mother said it was too unusual and that she would not like it as she got older.
    Is she right, or is this just the 50+ year old white woman in her talking?
    Then, when I started researching the name a bit, I came to find that people with this name often find it frustrating that so many people mis-pronounce it, which I can understand would be frustrating.
    Let me know your thoughts on the name - thanks!!
  • Brrianna 08-11-09 | 04:39 AM
  • Quote de jax12paws
    We were so excited when the ultrasonagrapher shout out, "girl" at our 20 weeks ultrasound! My husband has an 11 year old son, and my sister has all boys, so (other than our only female dog), there are literally no little girls in our lives to spoil... but not for long!!!
    We both love the name Aiyana Violet - and her initials would be AVP - which are the same as her Dad's, which, in my opinion, is just too cute.
    My mother said it was too unusual and that she would not like it as she got older.
    Is she right, or is this just the 50+ year old white woman in her talking?
    Then, when I started researching the name a bit, I came to find that people with this name often find it frustrating that so many people mis-pronounce it, which I can understand would be frustrating.
    Let me know your thoughts on the name - thanks!!
    I personally love both names. Ayana has African origin and it means ''beautiful flower''

so I would go for it.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 08-11-09 | 12:31 PM
  • I think it's very pretty. If you are seriously worried The another A name like Alana or Ariana might work.
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 08-11-09 | 06:54 PM
  • I'd never heard of it but it is nice. I love Violet!
  • ibby123 08-27-09 | 08:37 AM
  • I like it and I think I pronounced it correctly, but if your worried maybe you can spell it different to where you couldnt mistake the way you say it.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work