Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
Bettie ____? and JD?

Bettie ____? and JD?

Reply Post New Topic

• Jae0 Jae0's Avatar 04-10-09 | 01:10 AM
  • My first daughter was named after my husbands grandmother (Lillian) and my mother (Grace).
    If I ever have another daughter my heart is set on naming her Bettie (for my grandmother Betty). but I cant think of any good middle names.
    My mother in laws name is Patricia Kay. But I hate the sound of Bettie Kay or Bette Patricia.

Bettie Kathleen? Bettie Katherine?

Honestly, I really wanted to name a girl Talpha Magnon after my great grandmother and her sister (American Indian names) but my husband and family are horrified at the idea.

My other thing is, a boy name. My brother J.D. is very important to me and I would love to call my son by the same initials. But I will never name any kid of mine James Donnie because I despise the man he was named after.
    Anyway, any ideas for a first and middle name with those initials?
    I can only think of Jacob. A cousin suggested Jacob DeLany which I kind of like.

Btw my last name is Brandt (D is silent unless you want to pronounce it the German way which sounds like you're coughing up a loogie) if that helps.

Woooow this post is long! lol
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 04-10-09 | 10:41 PM
  • Jacob Daniel? David? Davis? Davison? I like Delaney but I think its one of those that morphed into a girl's name now.

I like Bettie Katherine.

What is your middle name? Will that fit with Bettie?
  • Jae0 Jae0's Avatar 04-11-09 | 12:07 AM
  • I like the ring of Davison! Ty.

My middle name is Nicole and I hate it. lol
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 04-14-09 | 06:49 PM
  • LOL I love the name Nicole. My 2nd DD is Leanna Nicole.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-15-09 | 11:20 AM
  • Jacob Dylan? Jeffery, Joseph, Jamie, Jeremiah, Jeremy, Jonas, Jonah....there are lots of boy 'J' names...just ask the Duggar family, lol!

I like Bettie Kay, but since you don't I also like Katherine. Why not use on the American Indian name as a middle name, like Bettie Magnon?