Baby Corner

Old 06-27-10, 01:07 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default Help with Baby Boy names!

Please rate (1-10, 1least & 10 best) each name then leave a little comment about why you like or don't like.

Emerson McKade
Nolan Wayne
Nolan Sade
Channer Grant
Channer Sade
Paxton Grant
Paxton Sade
Carden Sade
Carden Grant
Carden Walker
Tayton Sade
Tayton Grant
Tayton Walker
Kayton Sade
Kayton Grant
Kayton Walker
Sutton Grant
Sutton Walker

Thanks!!!

Old 07-06-10, 08:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I like Emerson Mckade

Old 10-18-10, 08:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I like Emerson for a girl... Nolan gets my vote. Good luck

Old 10-18-10, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 51.67%

I like the names that sound like real names--- Emerson, Nolan, Grant, Walker, and even Sutton.
Your names actually sound a lot like last names, but they're kind of strong sounding to me, which I like. They're kind of different but still easy to pronounce and I think will hold up against time.

I don't like the names that sound like names you made up. I don't like Carden, Tayton or Kayton.

Have you looked at the initials the baby will have? I changed my 3rd child's middle name at the last moment because his initials would have been BAR and I didn't like that.

In the end though it doesn't matter what I, some random chick from the Internet, think of your names-- it's your baby and you have to look at him every day and love the name you chose. No matter what you choose, some people will love it and some people will hate it. I loved getting opinions too though--- when are you due?

Old 10-18-10, 11:23 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

Jeanne said it very well. It's your baby, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

But since you're asking

I'm not fond of the funky made-up names. I lean toward traditional names that will allow the grown-up child to have a professional life without having to explain his/her name all the time, and yet can sound cute for a little one too.

Nolan Wayne 10 I think Nolan is very cute for a little guy and dignified for a man, and it reminds me of baseball (Nolan Ryan)

Emerson 7 (I'd choose a more traditional middle name though. Emerson is already an unusual name) Once again, this is appropriate for a little guy, but would work well for a grownup too, and it makes me think of Ralph Waldo Emerson, a great writer

Sutton Grant 6 Sutton is okay, but not great in my opinion. It's a little too close to the "made-up" names that are popular now, and there is also a famous Broadway actress names Sutton Foster, so it also sounds feminine to me. Grant is an excellent name, though.

Paxton Grant 3 This makes me think of the actor Bill Paxton, but it's really not my style at all.

Channer 1 This sounds invented to me, so it's off-putting. I would use something a little more common, like Tanner or Channing. Neither of those is my style either, but at least I've heard something like them before.

Kayton 1 Again, sounds invented, and also sounds feminine, since "Kate" is a girl's name. I would use something still unusual but more masculine sounding, like Cade or Kade.

Carden 1 Same thing as Channer and Kayton, but it also makes me think of a cardigan or Pierre Cardin cologne (I know it's pronounced differently). Why not use something a little more typical like Carter?

Tayton 1 Same thing as above, and the spelling is really off-putting. If you like this sound, you could use Tate, which while not really traditional, sounds strong and can be appropriate for both a boy or a man.

Once again, your baby, your choice! Hope you have a happy, healthy nine months and that you enjoy your new little one.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools