Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
I found it tough

I found it tough

Reply Post New Topic

• jbelle jbelle's Avatar 07-02-06 | 10:28 PM
  • I found picking out names tough.
    It was a relief when DH and I would agree on a name. He made his list, I made mine. Slowly names came off the list until it was narrowed down to about 4 or 5 names. I have to say though, we didn't really "pick" a name until after we saw the baby---both times. I loved the name Sarah, especially with my first pregancy. She didn't end up being a Sarah 'cause I didn't think she looked like a Sarah.

Don't know why? She ended up being Erin. Erin Ashley. I picked Erin. DH picked Ashley. For our second daughter, I really liked Alie for a name. But, my cousin named his daughter Alley and good friends of ours named their dd Ali. When DH said he really liked the name Natalie, I did too. Now I can call her Talie for short, if I want to. I still liked the name Sarah, but again, didn't think she looked like a Sarah. I liked Alana Nicole. We ended up dropping the Alana and going with Natalie Nicole.

Strange!

• wagnerkr wagnerkr's Avatar 07-13-06 | 12:49 AM
  • It is interesting how sometimes a baby doesn't seem to fit the name you liked and you find a different one suits much better. You still got to have your "Alie" in Nat-alie. That's neat.
  • jbelle jbelle's Avatar 07-13-06 | 08:32 AM
  • :yathat: exactly! We were just talking about that too.