Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names I just can't decide, can you help?

I just can't decide, can you help?

View Poll Results: Which name is best for Lillian (Lily's) little sister?
Eleanor (Ellie) 5 21.74%
Margaret (Maisie) 2 8.70%
Callista (Callie) 4 17.39%
Sofia (Sofie) 7 30.43%
Aurora (Rori) 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-13-07, 08:16 AM
cool mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.87%
Default I just can't decide, can you help?

We are having our second daughter in April and I have been totally obsessing about names. With our first we didn't actually settle until we were in the hosptial, but I would like to be abe to use a name with our almost 3year old to help her relate to her "baby sister". Usually I love really unusual and funky but slightly romantic names. I came soo close to calling our first Zelda and it's still one of my favorite names ever. But I decided (based on the responses I would get) that I could never do that to my kid. So that eliminated any totally foreign, difficult to pronounce or read, and just plain weird names. Mostly.

Our daughter's name is Lillian (Lily) Wynter. I'm actually very happy with it, and I really would like to name the second something similar so they won't ever have the "Well she got a nice name like Lily and you called me Zooey!" or "Lily is so feminine and I guess since you called me Riley you must have wanted a boy" (this is similar to the situation I grew up with). Anyway, sorry for all the history, this is just so you can know what I am looking for in a name. Something classic, but unique, and fun, but elegant. Not trendy or popular, but definately cute and never negative. (I'm not going to get this right am I?) So here are your choices:

Eleanor (Ellie)
Margaret (Maisie)
Callista (Callie)
Sofia (Sofie)
Aurora (Rori)

I'd really like feedback on your impressions of these names. Thanks.

Old 01-13-07, 09:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I am totally biased to the name Ellie because its my daughter's name! But I also love Callie... Good luck!

Old 01-13-07, 09:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I just love the name Sofia! Not to add to your list, but have you considered Sadie? We met a little girl recently with that name and I just think it's so cute. Good luck on deciding!

Old 01-13-07, 09:22 AM
cool mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I do like Sadie, but I am kind of wierd about the whole formal name/nickname thing. I needed some criteria though, because my first list was 6 columns long. And I still go back to the baby books everytime I get bored.

I know I'm a little sick.

Old 01-13-07, 10:15 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 11.25%

I like Ellie, and I think it sounds like it "goes" with Lily.

Latest Articles
Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

Baby's First Book: Some Top Choices for Parents
Choosing baby's first book might seem like a daunting task, but the important thing is that you begin early. Here are several of our baby book favorites.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools