Baby Corner

Old 04-12-07, 05:00 PM
is Mama to 4
Community Member

Thanked 9 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%
Default Meaning or sound?

Did you ladies choose your childs name based on its meaning? Or just because it sounded nice?

I personally chose all my childrens names bases on sounding nice and then looked up the meaning just for fun.

Old 04-12-07, 05:13 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm chosing based on what sounds nice. Meaning is a 2nd or 3rd thought for me...

Old 04-12-07, 08:55 PM
Jamie's Mummy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sound is more important to me. A name can mean lots of different things to lots of different people.

Old 04-12-07, 11:27 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

DS was named after DH (who was named after his DH), so that one was kind of a given either way!

For this baby, it's gonna be what sounds good with the middle name of Centurion that DH is insistant upon (I had to compromise SOMEwhere along the line and at least he gave in to making it a MIDDLE name!) and with our last name... That's if it's a boy, if it's a girl we have a name picked out (Sienna Loucille) and we just thought it sounded nice!

Old 04-16-07, 06:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I choose my names based on sound mostly but my DH is really into meaning and Irish names.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools