Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names Still can't decide on a name (x-post w/ July-Sept DD Club)

Still can't decide on a name (x-post w/ July-Sept DD Club)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-03-08, 05:12 PM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Still can't decide on a name (x-post w/ July-Sept DD Club)

DH and I have really struggled to come up with a name we both like for this little guy. We have narrowed it down to 4 names, but haven't decided for sure which two to pair together.

In alphabetical order the names are:
Arron (we like the variant spelling)
Jonas
Kevin
Lee (this was my maiden name)

We originally liked Jonas Arron, but DH thinks Lucas & Jonas sound odd together - "These are our boys Lucas & Jonas." We are leaning now toward either Kevin Jonas or Kevin Arron, although I think maybe the second combination sounds a little too rhyme-y and the initials would spell KAW - not a word, but still could lead to some mild teasing like caw-caw for the sound a crow makes. Trying to think of all the permutations people and other kids might come up with is really hard.

Somehow it was so easy to decide the first time around and this time it has been so hard. We're doing good to have narrowed it down this far since we started off with a list of around 50 names to work from. We looked at family names, the meanings of the names, the meanings of two names together, etc. to get to this point.

Any combos of the above names just jump out at any of you as seeming better than others?

Old 07-03-08, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I don't think that kaw will be a problem, and I'm big into anything that a kid might get teased over. You didn't ask, but I don't like Arron. It will get misspelled ALL the time. With a nice name like Kristina Lee, you probably didn't go through being called the wrong name and having it all spelled wrong (except maybe a C for the K). Jeanne isn't all that uncommon but people love putting letters in everywhere. I still get called Janine and Jenny all the time.
I think Jonas and Lucas sound nice together. I also like Kevin. I think my favorite would be Jonas Aaron, or if necessary Jonas Arron (since it's the middle name it won't be used all that much!)
Good luck and....
it's YOUR baby so name it whatever you love!
Thank you 3Princes!
wagnerkr (07-06-08)

Old 07-03-08, 07:10 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I like Jonas Arron or Arron Lee. But that's just me!

Jeanne--- I'm not sure about Kristina, but I spell mine Christina and no one can get it right to this day! I'm still getting it with a K or with an e at the end instead of an a!
Thank you koala_kaper!
wagnerkr (07-06-08)

Old 07-06-08, 01:52 PM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Believe it or not I got all kinds of wierd stuff with being Kristina. I generally go by Tina, but for anything official or legal documents I use the full name and I always have to say "Kristina - with a K". I got called everything from Katrina, Katrinka, Kristine, etc.
IF we do decide on Arron we would more than likely choose it as the middle name so the variant spelling would not be a daily issue.

Old 07-06-08, 07:25 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I think going with Arron (with the variant spelling) as a middle name is a good choice.

For what it's worth, I like Kevin. Could you do two middle names--Kevin Arron Lee [Last Name]??
Thank you Dopey406!
wagnerkr (07-07-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools