Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names What do you think of these names for a little girl?

What do you think of these names for a little girl?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-23-10, 10:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default What do you think of these names for a little girl?

I am so frustrated. I have three names. I love all three of them and am mostly leaning toward the first here. Please let me know your opinions.

Anberlin Josie
Joseylnne Christianna
Kara Annalise

My husband is also in love with the name Anberlin Josie, but I don't know if a lot of people will be asking to spell it, and it is similar to my name...Amber. But I though it was really cute. Opinions, please!

Old 11-23-10, 10:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

The second name should have been Joselynne Christianna...oops

Old 11-23-10, 11:09 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

to TBC and congratulations on your little one. Your baby is yours, and you should name her what you like best. I always recommend not sharing names with people until the baby is born and the name is set. People will be very negative about your chosen name until that name is attached to a baby.

But since you asked for opinions... I tend to be quite traditional in my taste for names. Anberlin is too different for my taste, and I think people will assume it's spelled "Amberlyn". I think it will be confused with your name, and you and your daughter will quickly tire of spelling it for people. Add to that the fact that "m" and "n" sound similar, and you'll be spelling it more than once each time. My oldest son is named Marek (Slovak version of Mark), and people often assume it's "Mark" even when I spell it very carefully.

I'm guessing you pronounce Joselynne like "Jocelyn". I am a fan of using the more common spelling for a name to cut out the hassle of spelling and seeing the name misspelled often. I named my younger son Lukas (again, the Slovak spelling), and even relatives sometimes misspell it Lucas. What are you gonna do?

I absolutely love choice #3 as is. Kara is a beautiful name that isn't very common, and it's easy to spell. Annalise is also distinctive but traditional. I do like your other middle names as well.

Old 11-24-10, 05:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I really like the names Kara and Christianna that you've picked out. Congratulations on finding out you're expecting a girl.

Old 11-24-10, 05:31 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

I like 3 the best. Kara is so pretty and flows nicely with Annelise.
I agree that 1 and 2 are not common and would have to be spelled and pronounced very carefully all the time.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools