Baby Corner

Old 11-19-07, 01:36 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default 1 week and...

I already want to quit! I know it's bad but I just can't help feeling sometimes like breastfeeding is too difficult for me!

My nipple on one breast has a few tiny sores on it that are all read and bleedy, both breasts are INCREDIBLY engorged all the time... even after I pump, and the breasts hurt so bad I just want to sit here with them out all day except that I HATE sitting here! I don't like feeling confined to the house just because of bfing and Nolan doesn't want to take a bottle from me so we can't go anywhere if he wants to feed (I'm too self concious at this time to bf in public)

Okay sorry it's been one of those weekends/days.

Old 11-19-07, 01:38 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 66.12%

Keep at it and call in some support if you need it. The first couple of weeks are rough but once you get through those you'll be glad you did it.

Old 11-19-07, 01:41 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Definitely get some lansinoh or other lanolin-based ointment to help with the sores and pain. I know it can be tough, but you'll feel great if you can make it work. No matter what you decide, though, you've done great just trying!

Old 11-19-07, 01:42 PM
Momma to 2 boys

Thanked 41 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

try lanolin that will help with sore nipples and its safe for baby to bf. i am sorry you are feeling this way. but its only been a week give it alittle more time andyou'll get the hang of it. i was the same way with Andy i just wanted to curl up and cry in a corner.

Old 11-19-07, 01:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 49.8%

Kayla, I know exactly how you are feeling. It took over a week before my nipples were no longer sore and it gets much better after that. I won't b/f in public either so I know how that goes too. Hang in there, we are here if you need it!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools