Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding Apparently I'm a pervert! MAJOR VENT!

Apparently I'm a pervert! MAJOR VENT!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-28-07, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Thumbs down Apparently I'm a pervert! MAJOR VENT!

I went to a baby shower today and brought Gus. Well toward the end I had to nurse him and most of the girls were gone by then. This one girl announced that she couldn't believe I was breastfeeding. I asked why is it so hard to believe? She said (her exact words) "I just wouldn't want my baby sucking on my tittie, that is perverted"! I was floored!!!!!!! I wanted to ask her what was so perverted about feeding my baby but I let it go. There was a million things going throuhg my mind, 1 being how trashy is to even say something like that out loud, but I kept my mouth shut. I just can't believe people think that way! And even if they do why would she blurt it out? I am part humiliated part furious! Oh, and she then goes on to tell the people left in the room how much she hates seeing people breastfeeding babies at a year or so old. She said she had a cousin who nursed till her child was 2 years old and she said it is just sick! I still sat there with my mouth shut, I was just smiling by this time, but was seething on the inside!

Old 01-28-07, 10:48 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

OMG how incredibly stupid of her to say!?! It would upset and anger me too but you shouldn't take it too hard since all she did was show everyone who was left there how uneducated she really was!!!

I think breastfeeding is a beautiful thing and I hope to do it some day with my children!!! And if my baby wants to feed until he/she is 2 years old then SO BE IT!!! It's your decision on how you want to feed your son!

Just a quick question... does she have kids? Probably not I would imagine!

Old 01-28-07, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

She has 3 kids. And you know, I can totally understand some people being wierded out by it, my sister straight up could not do it. That is their business, I'd never push my views on them. But I am just floored that someone would make it their place to say something like that!

Old 01-28-07, 10:53 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

she's super stupid.

Its times like that that I toss out my pre-programmed responses.
one like "I see we still have alot of educating still to do on the benefits of breastfeeding. "

And, assuming she's a person without children - I'd probably spout off something cutting to her like "well, if you ever manage to have children of your own, you will likely find that there are a whole bunch of things you'll end up doing you never thought you will. Being a parent has a habit of putting people in their place."

Old 01-28-07, 11:04 PM
Jamie's Mummy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

There is something seriously wrong with some people. I can't believe you were able to stay quiet. You are far stronger then me, I would have turned it around and completely humilated her. I didn't know nurishing your baby with what mothers are naturally supposed to feed them with was disgusting or perverted. I can't believe she's a mother, she sounds like an uneducated 13 year old girl.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools