Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
Back to work tomorrow! bf issue

Back to work tomorrow! bf issue

Reply Post New Topic

• jillrn jillrn's Avatar 10-10-04 | 01:37 PM
  • I cant believe my maternity leave is over!!!!!! I am so sad I love being a SAHM! I will be working 3 -12 hour shifts per week at this point. But my milk supply is already in the crapper d/t my hormone imbalance so I am not sure how long that is going to hold out. I have resigned myself that I will pump what I can get while at work and home and I will cont to nurse for comfort and bonding and supplement the rest. I did try her on a little formula this morning she really hated the taste-- she made the weirdest face.

she doesnt seem to eat as much as other babies-- It seems about 2 oz is her max about every 3 hours or so. She is gaining but slowly-- I think she is 10 lbs finally yesterday when I weighed her. SHe was 7 lbs at birth and went down to 6lb 8 oz I think?!? I have about 100 frozen bottles in the freezer. (I pumped like a mad lady while my supply was good) Do you all think that I could thaw a 4 oz bottle in the fridge take 2 oz out and mix it with one oz formula. I am wondering how long after bm is thawed it is good for in the fridge -- if I havent heated it?? I know once you heat it --you must use it within a few hours. It sure would make my bm last a lot longer if I could mix it some. What is the best way to handle this? jill
  • donann donann's Avatar 10-11-04 | 12:52 AM
  • Breastmilk is good for 24 hours in the fridge after it is thawed so I don't see a problem with making a couple "mixed" bottles from the 4 oz breast milk bottles. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with your supply and that you have to go back to work already. I cannot imagine doing it again like that (I was not eligible for mat leave with my oldest and was back at work when he was a month old, I have a full year this time).

Take care

Donann
  • montanachic montanachic's Avatar 10-11-04 | 02:30 PM

•  
    I'm sorry you have to go back to work.

Donann had good information. You could mix it if you want to extend the bm a little longer too. Keep pumping and try to keep your supply up,

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work