Baby Corner

Old 02-20-08, 03:32 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default BF and Sick Baby Question

hi guys,

well, Lola has a cold and her BF has gone way down. Im lucky if she will stay latched for at least 10 mins. So, i have been pumping like mad in hopes to not lose my supply. i actually have been blessed with super milk production, but my question is am i doing the right thing? sometimes after she eats, i start to pump and then an hour later she is ready to eat again. im afraid that i have pumped out "everything" and there wont be anything left for her. i guess my question is, does it take some time to "refil?"

also, i think my PP bleeding has started up again (sorry TMI) and i just wanted to know if any of you BF moms still bleed at the 4 week mark?

thank you everyone. i saw that some of you BF pros were online right now so i wanted to catch you!

Holly

Old 02-20-08, 03:42 PM
Momma to 2 boys

Thanked 41 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

sounds normal when they are sick

still bf andy when he gets sicks he stops eating too

your doing right

i aactualy bled for 2 months i think and ihad a c section

Old 02-20-08, 03:47 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

sometimes, you'll get more mileage from a sick baby if you first put saline drops in her nose or syringe out the snot right before feeding so she can breathe more easily. Its not that she's hungry, its that she's having a hard time breathing usually.

No, you're not using up your supply pumping....
just make sure you're drinking the water and your body will have pleanty in an hour's time.

and the PP bleeding started back up for me whenever I started to "overdo" the physical exercise too soon.

Last edited by skyqueen; 02-20-08 at 03:58 PM.

Old 02-20-08, 03:50 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

good luck!! Keep a humidifier in her room as well and she can sleep somewhat propped up that will help as well. Then when she is up, she might be better drained to eat well.

Old 02-20-08, 04:21 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Definitely use the drops and humidifier. At this point, you two have established a good relationship, so you don't necessarily have to compensate by pumping additionally if her appetite is a bit off. She's eating more often to make up for it, and you'll keep pace.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools