Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding BF'ing at night....and expressed bmilk or formula?

BF'ing at night....and expressed bmilk or formula?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-17-08, 12:25 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default BF'ing at night....and expressed bmilk or formula?

just thinking ahead here..... I was done nursing with my boys by the time they hit their sleeping 'stride' at 10 weeks or so.... so we were bottle feeding then.... but I'm feeling great about sticking with nursing Lyla

How did you go about getting them to sleep through the night when they nurse? At this point of course she is so small so that's the last thing on my mind, but I was curious about how it works out?

I would like to introduce bottles to her-- at somepoint in the next week or so-- but DH is really anxious to help out with her feedings-- I rented a pump and plan on pumping if it goes well-- but I'm curious about if anyone had success with bottle feeding formula and still bf'ing during the day? what were the downfalls or issues? I read a comment about taste concerns and babies showing preference for one or the other....

Old 02-17-08, 04:11 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

i have the same questions about bottles and pumping...

Old 02-17-08, 04:47 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

i think that supplementing will decrease your milk supply..unless you are okay with that.
i have not introduced any bottles at this point. im too nervous to disrupt her latch or something. but, i do plan on giving her EBM via bottle once she is around 2 months or so, so i can start going to the gym at night when DH is home and then he can feed her.
i am pumping once a night to create a stockpile and then just nursing all day and night.

Old 02-17-08, 04:56 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

at this point a little decrease would be good

I have heard that-- but also that your body will accomodate to when they want to nurse? I am a little worried about that part and am curious if that's happened to anyone?

Old 02-17-08, 05:00 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

maybe you can pump to help with the engorgement and keep that milk for later use and then by that time, Lyla will be taking more milk in so you wouldnt have to give her formula.

im sure the ladies here will help you. they sure have helped me. i know i am just a newbie, but i feel like i have been bf forever!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools