Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding breastfeeding and bottle?? ( same as 09 board)

breastfeeding and bottle?? ( same as 09 board)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-04-09, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default breastfeeding and bottle?? ( same as 09 board)

this is not a debate

just a question

if you are breastfeeding are you giving a bottle too? if you are when do you give the bottle..how many times a day? then do you still have to pump when it's time?

Old 03-04-09, 09:44 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 72.86%

I know most people say NO BOTTLES TILL 6 WEEKS but I always gave my babies a bottle every couple of days from the day they came home to keep them used to getting bottles so that I never had a problem if I had to leave them for some reason or I just needed a break. I would pump and give them the EBM so they were still getting the breast milk and my supply wasnt being damaged because I was pumping at the time they were eating. It worked well for me and I never had a baby that would not take a bottle. My babies also never had a problem going back to breast.

I didnt have an exact time I would give it to them. I just tried for every 2-3 days. I know my cousin was going back to work (teaching) and she didnt want to pump so she would nurse in the morning and then when she would normally be at work she would give baby a bottle so that her supply was used to that and baby was used to getting the bottles at those times. Then she would nurse again when she got home and at night. HTH
Thank you Mommy2KNIH!
Keepers (06-17-09)

Old 03-05-09, 01:21 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

do you mean bottles of formula or bottles of breastmilk? I gave ds some breast milk in a bottle a few times but he would just want to nurse after anyways so I did not give him one very often and then after a few months he refused bottles all together.

Old 03-05-09, 08:25 AM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3540.71%

My dh gave Adrianna EBM bottles once every couple of days. There was really no rhyme or reason to it, just when he wanted to feed her or if I was not home. We started that from day one, back and forth, and never ad any issues. I did make sure that the bottle nipple and the pacifier nipple were the same.

Old 03-05-09, 12:47 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

I gave Avery bottles of EBM every now and then when Mike would want to feed her or I left her with my mom for a period of time. I would pump when it was "feeding time" so I wouldn't damage my supply. I never let down well to the pump so I had a lot of trouble pumping which unfortunatley resulted in me having to stop nursing at 6 months because my milk left

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools